Recent content by bpjacobsen

1. bpjacobsen

Throttle cable direct link to the governor lever for bypassing governor?

Well folks, y'all have been really really helpful. Now at least I can make a more informed decision. honestly, I have pulled wheelies on this thing without much effort. I mean, I'm 200 pounds (hoping to lose about 10 LOL) so yeah, a little guy like this won't take much effort for me to pop...
  2. bpjacobsen

I get all that, I'm just really trying to gauge how much better the whole thing would perform putting a predator 212 on this in place of the Robin. I doubt I will go that route but just curious how much difference it would actually make?
  3. bpjacobsen

has anyone done a torque converter install specifically on a robin/suburu mini bike engine?

Lol, don't you have to do something with the throttle? I thought I read something about that somewhere?
  4. bpjacobsen

has anyone done a torque converter install specifically on a robin/suburu mini bike engine?

I've never done it so i'm just looking for info. Seems like you just remove the clutch and install it over that. I suppose I can follow the predator 212 video.
  5. bpjacobsen

curious how much difference a predator 212 engine w/ torque converter would make vs what I have now? If I recall correctly, the stock predator 212cc tops out around 25ish with no mods? (seems hard to believe since mine gets to 22mph. Is that accurate?
  6. bpjacobsen

Curious to what extent I will notice a difference just by adding a TC? Better acceleration? Higher top speed? Do I have to remove the governor?
  7. bpjacobsen

yeah but it's bigger than a 50 or 70 cc. lol still goes pretty good for it's size and my 200lb weight on it. It's a mini bike so it's not gonna be a huge engine. Not sure I follow your point?
  8. bpjacobsen

mine is a #35 chain. It does have the 4 threaded holes around the clutch. two of them are being used to mount the chain guard bracket but it has no chain guard. The manual I found online has no info on shaft size and I would have to remove the clutch to measure it which if I do consider doing...
  9. bpjacobsen

just curious if anyone has done a torque converter on this engine? mine is 4hp sitting on a Manco Thunderbird.
  10. bpjacobsen

I wonder if this one would work for my bike...
  11. bpjacobsen

Just wondering if you know if anyone has done a torque converter on this mini bike? Something I was considering. Is thought a link to one That would work for this bike?
  12. bpjacobsen

OK, thanks. Bummer. Guess I might as well just leave it alone. Just would be fun to have the higher speed and power but not worth risking failure of engine
  13. bpjacobsen

Manco thunderbird with a Robin 4hp 126cc engine. How difficult is the above suggested mod and what is the cost?
  14. bpjacobsen

Has anyone tried just connecting the throttle cable directly to the lever that controls the governor throttle? Seems like if I can manually move that lever with my finger to get full throttle without governor, one should be able to just connect to that lever instead of the one by the carb? Only...
  15. bpjacobsen

Manco Thunderbird hesitates

Figured as much. You see the same type of thing like when you are driving those gas powered golf carts. They feel like they wanna go then you hit that ceiling and it backs off. Makes you want more speed. lol. Wonder what the top speed is on this thing? Feels like maybe around 25-30mph?