Recent content by Bushman

1. B

Tecumseh Carb. for OHV16

I have rebuilt my share of carburetors over the years, but I come upon one that confuses me a little bit. It is a 640034 carb. It has a plastic bowl. I pulled the main jet out and turned the carb. over and a spring fell out from inside (I think) the main jet hole. It was the only possible place...
  2. B

Counting chickens a little but..

That is absolutely the find of a lifetime. Congratulations on being in the proverbial right place at the right time. I look at that and I think there may be a Homer Simpson drool starting to form at the edge of my mouth. I have never seen one like it before. I am not into speed, but I am into...
  3. B

Old bolts

Low tech but cheap. I clean old bolts with a wire wheel mounted on a grinder. We all have one. If I want them to look interesting I use cold or warm blueing. The same stuff I use to treat gun parts with. Depending on the color of what the bolts go into they can make a nice contrast. Does require...
  4. B

Home Minibike work area...

Down here in Fla. all I have is a carport. I have 2 lawn tractors, 2 lawn mowers. I have never had a Gravely tractor in my life and aquired 2 in one weekend.One is 20 years old and the other is around 60. I am running out of space and am also looking to sell a few things. If the price of gas...
  5. B

Time for GTO's famous Taquila Christmas cookies

I had tears in my eyes I was laughing so hard.
  6. B

how old are you?

I am old enough to remember when gas stations on opposing corners had gas wars. I have seen gas at $.14 cents a gallon. I can remember going back home to WV before there was an I-95 interstate. To get back to them thar hills we traveled US-1, 301, 601, and finally SR-21. I'm 52 and had my first...
  7. B

need 8hp briggs crank

I have the same problem. A real nice old 8hp briggs with crank slung between to roller bearings, but the shaft has a morris taper and won't mount a clutch. It could be turned to 3/4 inch. I am just not able to do it. A new crank runs I think around $125. I may have to break down and go that...
  8. B

Modified Lifan on the Baja DB30

Tripp you did some most excellent work. Your bike really looks nice. And Jesse, I know you have heard it before, but i'll repeat it "If you can't say something nice. Don't say anything at all." All of us are at different stages in our ability to create and fabricate.
  9. B

where are the mini`s in florida ??

I live in Melbourne and just recently picked 2 mini-bikes from Craigs list. I would like to get together and ride some. bushman@bellsouth.net
  10. B

where are the mini`s in florida ??

I also live on the Space Coast, Melbourne to more specific. I have been looking for local mini-bike enthusiaists for some time. I just recently picked up 2 runners from Craig's List. Not at the dirt cheap prices the Yankees seem to find, but not too high either. I'd like to get together and...
  11. B

bench grinder and drill press ? ? ?

North Ga. is a way from Melb. Fl. but I have a large floor standing drill press that is way more than I will ever need. It suffers a little from non-use not abuse. It's old, I'm guessing circa 1960. It's a Craftsman most likely made by Delta or Rockwell. It is 6ft tall and has to weigh 200 lbs...
  12. B

my firt mini bike project.. i need help

You can almost fabricate anything from anything with enough time, energy, and money. You just need to ask yourself is it really worth it. If you are into reinventing the wheel then go for it. If not, save your money and buy a classic minibike used and clean it up.
  13. B

Tomprops New Minibike

That has to be one of the most interesting combinations of parts I have ever seen. I wish I had one just like it. I was at a garage sale at a warehouse a couple of weeks ago and they had some old Kawasaki 100 and scooter frames piled back in a corner of the yard. I think I'm gona go back and see...
  14. B

Custom exhaust

If your using the kind of tubing or pipe I think your just be aware the inside diameter is smallee than regular exhaust pipe and it will restrict air flow some what. But, it may not make a huge difference on a stock engine.
  15. B

governer adjustment on all engines

I've driven stock ungoverned Briggs and Clintons all my life. I have never blown the first engine. Like they say, "You can hear if the engine is topping out. You can usually hear that rod start to knock before it completely goes, and you can feel the points start to float. Not that the latter is...