Recent content by cgriff

1. C

Looking for a Tote Gote Climb-Away

Found one. Thanks
  2. C

$30 Junkyard Mini Bike Build!

Nice find. What kind of junk yards do they have where you are. I never find anything but junk in mine. Gonna watch this one come back to life.
  3. C

I Made Sausage Today

I grew up in Michigan, and seeing those fresh sausages reminded me of home. You should try out this recipe for Brats Sheboygan-style Homemade Bratwurst, Sheboygan-style | The Joy of Cooking Then try out this sauce: Homemade Currywurst • The Kitchen Maus It will change your life...
  4. C

I Made Sausage Today

Looks like you are doing 'em right. Can I see flecks of red pepper in there? Yummmmy!!!!
  5. C

My First Gote - F300

Some Motor Shots Got the motor on the bench trying to figure out what parts I am going to need. Looks like it is going to be a bit of a list
  6. C

My First Gote - F300

Sorry, I just made that up, I was thinking of the Tote Gote Fest that I have heard tell about. I shouldn't be posting in the wee hours of the morning...
  7. C

My First Gote - F300

Well, foiled again. Just when I think I figured something out.... I wonder if the calculator I used was the going down hill with the wind at your back version :laugh: Are the HP ratings for B&S motors listed anywhere? My eyes are bleeding from all the reading I have been doing in the...
  8. C

Looking for a Tote Gote Climb-Away

I am looking for an original 3/4" shaft Tote Gote Climbaway clutch. (I know, I know, ain't we all). :smile: Trying to get an old Forest Service Gote back up and running but it didn't come with any kind of torque converter. :doah: Thanks
  9. C

My First Gote - F300

Yup, saw that after I posted. Sorry, excited newb who forgot the interwebs is all knowing if you bother to look. I Should have done calculated it myself and not asked stupid questions. 10 Cubic Inch = 164 CC = 5 HP So most likely not the original motor. I bet those Forest Service guys...
  10. C

My First Gote - F300

Thanks everybody for the warm welcome, and all the great information. I went and picked up the engine today and it looks like it was made in June of 1962, if I am reading the numbers stamped on the cover correctly. They read 100202 401045 6206190. I am pretty new to old B&S motors, but...
  11. C

My First Gote - F300

I just picked up this gote the model number is F300 and serial number is #179. Anybody know what year it is? I need to pick up the motor from PO and he said it was the original, but it is a 6HP B&S. Wouldn't of had a 3HP if it is a 300 model?