D

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Hi desert rat -

I saw your post about someone needing a restoration mechanic. How is your experience with Tacos? I am trying to put a West Bend 820 into a Taco 44 chassis ... but because I have no experience I am hitting possible problems at every step. I say possible because I can't find pics or any sort of guide so I'm not sure.
    What part of town are you? I'm in the valley - Sherman Oaks area.

race / Roger
    D
    desert rat
    I am just an old school mechanic not a master mini restorer. I am willing to give advice any time and I like a good challenge. I'm not "in" LA. anymore. I'm selling my house down there because I retired in September after workin in Torrance for 11 years at the head office for Honda research and development, I worked a total of 27.8 years for Honda R&D. My "main" house is in California city in the high desert.
    D
    desert rat
    I guess there is a time out thing on here, it wouldn't let me keep typing. I have a feeling your tools are limited which I fully understand. I am going to miss the tools and big/nice things I had at work. I am willing to help you do this but most will be done in pics from you and then I will be able to get you through this. First off is what are you stating with frame wise ie. Complete roller or junk canvas? You need
    D
    desert rat
    Using this to talk is going to suck. it has a limit on how much you can type. You need to be in roller to figure out the motor alignment and if you will need a jack shaft. With that motor you will probably want one and I personally like them. Jack shafts give you so many gearing options. Do you have a clutch for the motor yet? Do you have a throttle control set up?
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…