Recent content by dogfoot

1. dogfoot

Anything Goes! Mini Snowmobile

I hope you find some tracks, because that is an awesome machine. We don’t get much snow here in East Texas. This was a few years back January 2021. We did get 2/10” of freezing rain a couple weeks ago, which shut down everything. We got 8” of rain the last two days.
  2. dogfoot

Anything Goes! Mini Snowmobile

Wow, I’m very impressed. You have some talent. I enjoyed the video, especially the whillies. What did the air cleaner come off of? Dog
  3. dogfoot

Need measurement & ??

SAS289, I just finished the back half of the bike and wanted to do something while I was making a decision on the TAV2. That is why stopped on the floorboards & front crash bar. My 212 is a non-hemi. If I can trim the backing plate like Strigoi as opposed to 1” risers, I think I will go for...
  4. dogfoot

Need measurement & ??

Steve73, is that a battery box mounted on the main rail? Dog
  5. dogfoot

Need measurement & ??

The factory chain cover measures 4-1/8”
  6. dogfoot

Need measurement & ??

Hello group, I am modifying my Baja MB200. I am putting a 212 motor on it with floor boards and a crash bar. I want to put a TAV2 on it if I can figure out how to fit everything. I can’t finish the crash bar until I mount the floor boards to get the clearance correct. All that being said, how...
  7. dogfoot

Baja MB200 engine upgrade (headlight?)

Well heck, I’m throwing in the towel. I got the fans off, but neither of my 2 pullers would work on the flywheels. I don’t want to mess up a brand new 212 motor and a good running 196, so I am just going to put a battery on it to run the headlight.
  8. dogfoot

Will do, but I gotta go to town & buy 19mm socket. Dog
  9. dogfoot

They had the wrong price tag on the 212, it was only $149.99 I should not have used the word everything. I was referring to the flywheel and fan.
  10. dogfoot

It didn’t say Hemi on the box. Here are som pictures
  11. dogfoot

I have another question. Is the flywheel nut left or right hand threads? Thanks - Dog
  12. dogfoot

Well I went and bought the 224. The fly wheel is much larger, especially the cooling fan & lock nut. I took it back and bought the 212 which has the same everything as the 196. 196: 224: Dog
  13. dogfoot

Yes I have the 196, so I’m going back to Harbor Freight. This build is going to be one of a kind. I want to run the exhaust pipe on the right side just slightly above the lower frame tube. I want to buy once and cry once as far as the clutch is concerned. Is the Comet clutch much better than the...
  14. dogfoot

Thanks SAS289, I was wondering if I could change out the parts. Do you know for sure they are interchangeable? Dog
  15. dogfoot

I’m wanting to upgrade grade my engine. I just went to Harbor Freight and they have a 212 6.5hp and a 224 6.6hp. I didn’t know about the 224, but it was cheaper than the 212. The 224 was listed for $179.99. Anyway, I want to keep my headlight. Are any of my two engine options able to run the...