Recent content by JAGGUY

1. JAGGUY

1967 Rupp for sale in Riverside Ca

I have for sale a vintage 1967 Rupp Continental minibike. This mini bike has been nicely restored with many new parts including Brakes, throttle and brake cable, drive chain, carburetor, air cleaner, seat cover, tubes, gas tank, grips, peg rubbers, wheel bearings, and more. Has very nice...
  2. JAGGUY

This one is different, home made or what is it?

I was thinking home made, but the triangle and other bends are really good. Had some self done mods for sure.. Anyone seen something like this before?
  3. JAGGUY

Newbee question re Rupp swing arm

That made a lot of sense. I re-routed the cable and the action is smoother and the brakes work a little. Still need to dig further into this. Thanks!
  4. JAGGUY

Humm, I just figured it was just a marginal setup from new. The shoes are clean with better than 1/8" lining and the drum was cleaned and sanded. Should work. I'll take it apart again and see if there is some reason for the shoes not contacting the drum as they should. Thanks.
  5. JAGGUY

Tecumseh lost spark

If you don't have a removal tool for the flywheel I went to Ace hardware and got a 1.25" coupling nut in the correct thread to use as a "knocker" Screwed it on, backed it off a turn, Held it by the flywheel and smacked the nut with a hammer. Came loose after 2 hits.
  6. JAGGUY

All the brake parts look very good and the shoes expand but there is very little stopping power. It is adjusted so there is lots of distance from the lever to the handelbar but at full "grip" it still doesn't stop... Thanks for the tip on the website for parts.
  7. JAGGUY

Thanks! The original Tecumseh tank looked like it had been filled with water at some time and it and the carb were completely rotted out. I had the tank from a bicycle engine project so I used it. Actually took it for a little ride today. First time on a minibike in more than 40...
  8. JAGGUY

Thanks for the help. The more I thought about it the more I figured that's how it worked. I took off the swing arm this morning and used my hydraulic press to push out the inner shaft. Cleaned and greased and works slick now. Have it mostly put back together. Still need a chain and the rear...
  9. JAGGUY

I believe it's a 67 C-250
  10. JAGGUY

I picked up an old Rupp to restore. I have it painted and am putting it together. I put the swing arm back on the frame the same way I took it off, but it doesn't make good sense to me. It attaches with 2 bolts and lock washers into threaded inserts in the frame, and that's it... If I tighten...
  11. JAGGUY

Rupp Rust Bucket Rat

I just bought one of those carbs for my Rupp project and received it last night. I'm at least a week away from firing it up but it looks very good. As if looks mean anything...
  12. JAGGUY

Engine ID for parts

Thanks for the info Markus. The fuel tank was filled with water at some point and rotted out the tank and carb. I have both ordered. Seems like the rest of the engine may be OK but won't know until I have it running. The oil had turned to sludge but no evidence of water. I cleaned it out...
  13. JAGGUY

New from So California

Thanks for all the welcomes. Looks like a lot of ex-Californians here. Good move on leaving the "Peoples Republik of Kalifornistan" as a lot of us refer to this once wonderful State...