Recent content by Jason's

1. Jason's

Montgomery Wards project

The seat bracket is just a piece of thick wall tubing welded on top of the rear bracket and a piece of 1/4 plate welded between the front and rear. I'm a big guy so I figured I needed the support. I had to place the tubing because the shocks I am using were shorter than the originals. The shocks...
  2. Jason's

Montgomery Wards project

Starting assembly it's coming together!!
  3. Jason's

Montgomery Wards project

The forks were bent (probably from me running into stuff on it all those years ago) so we straightened them on a press. The forks would not come apart and the springs were rusted , so we cut the springs and cups off and welded the forks solid. Here they are finished and cleared!!
  4. Jason's

Montgomery Wards project

It's all powder coat and vinyl. Once the decals were on I shot the green, put it in the oven and as soon as the powder flowed out I took it out of the oven and pulled the decals. Put it back in for final cure then cleared it
  5. Jason's

Montgomery Wards project

I bought a brand new sprocket and I wanted something a little different so first i powder coated it gray Then I whipped out some trucker girls on the old vinyl cutter and applied Finally granny smith green and clear
  6. Jason's

Montgomery Wards project

I have had this bike for 33 years, time to freshen it up After sand blasting and the first coat of kl primer now for the Granny Smith green
  7. Jason's

How to post pictures (Test Area)

test project sprocket
  8. Jason's

new guy from Texas

Hello, my name is Jason, Glad I found this place, lots of good information here.
  9. engine

engine

harbor freight clone installed
  10. coming together

coming together

assembly
  11. powder coat

powder coat

had to remove front springs, but still could not separate forks, so welded them solid
  12. powder coat

powder coat

granny smith green and silver
  13. powder coat

powder coat

powder coating finished
  14. sprocket

sprocket

powder coated granny smith green then cleared.
  15. before

before

powder coated granny smith green, before clear