Recent content by jland

1. 1971 Speedway Shrike - Butcher Bird

1971 Speedway Shrike - Butcher Bird

1971 Speedway Shrike - Butcher Bird
  2. J

Speedway Shrike - Butcher Bird

Interested in Speedway Shrike - Butcher Bird. Loved it from the first time I saw one at Wade's Kart shop in Boyertown, PA. Would like to add one to my current collection. Looking for restored or unrestored.
  3. J

Carlisle Tires

Azusalite Wheels After giving up on my wheels I came across a link for azusa tires. Ordered a 6-inch tire from Jack's and it arrived today. Wheel slid on the split rims without needing any grease or soap. Apparently the azusa tire is slightly different than the 6-inch carlisle. Height of...
  4. J

Show us your 14" Speedway bikes

Shrike "Butcher Bird" Anyone out there have an original or restored Butcher Bird?
  5. J

Taco Minibike

Unfamiliar with the Taco bikes. What makes them special?
  6. J

ARCO Project

ARCO Kickstand I have a frame like the ARCO you are working on. would you mind posting a photo of how the kickstand is attached to the frame. The kickstand I have swings freely past 180 degrees and doesn't support the bike. Hoping I can see something to help my issue.
  7. J

Nesco

They have a page on facebook that has the schedule and costs.
  8. J

Nesco

Both days.
  9. J

Nesco

Anyone going this weekend?
  10. J

OldMiniBikes.com Free Shipping over $50!

Is the retail store open yet?
  11. J

Series 525 air cleaner help

Wanted to use a new B&S engine on an ARCO so that I could keep the gas tank on the engine. Picked up a B&S 525 series because height was good to fit in frame. Screwed up and didn't consider how the carb was mounted on the engine. It has an intake that sets the carb down low right into my rear...
  12. ARCO Summer Project Complete 2

ARCO Summer Project Complete 2

13. ARCO Summer Project Complete 1

ARCO Summer Project Complete 1

14. J

ARCO Kickstand

Does anyone have a good photo of how the ARCO kickstands attach to the frame? I have an original one for my ARCO but I believe I must be missing a part. There doesn't appear to be a stop, the kickstand swings 180-degrees. Any help would be much appreciated.
  15. J

Future Project - Any Idea of Make?

CAT 250x I think your right... it is the 250X. I looked at the others shown on the site and I think the forks match best with the 250X. I thought the brake was also bent but from the looks of things they were made that way. Any ideas on replacement fork availability?