Recent content by Joe48

1. J

I need help!

If you want to keep your 2 speed set up, and would like a replacement gear for the clutch, I have an extra. You can have it. This is just the sprocket/hub. You would need to take apart your clutch and install this one. Pretty easy. Just have to be careful that you dont distort the 2 springs. Let...
  2. J

Gas Mig vs. Flux Core

I have a hobart mig that can use either gas or flux core. I believe the flux core is what you would want to use if you are welding outside. Basic reason is the gas would blow away in the wind if welding outside and you would not get the gas sheilding your looking for. If welding inside, gas is...
  3. J

Rupp 2 Speed clutches exact copys

Hello, Before I opt to purchase a complete unit, Please send me a pic. via IM of the first gear weld. ( sprocket to hub). My better 1/2 will kill me but if all looks good I'll buy a unit. Regards, Joe48
  4. J

new fenders

Hello George, A great question and one I am thinking about as I build my fixture. Reason why.. I also purchased some tight radius fenders yet the material thickness was heavier and the rolled edge was smoother. I am trying to build my fixture so that I can take 2 of the better (shorter...
  5. J

I am not that sure if the original secondary clutch was a comet. I cannot speak to the brand used. I wish I saved my original factory take-off units. For sure the originals ( at least in 68) were the fabric type mentioned previously in this post and were pinned to the shaft. I almost think...
  6. J

new fenders

Following up.. From the provided fender mod link, I am in the process of making a wooden buck or frame to modify the longer fenders I have. My plan is to make the framework out of wood using the inside radius of my original fender. It will accomodate a 3.5" wide ratchet strap to encompass the...
  7. J

new fenders

Excellent!! Thanks for the rework fender link. This will be the approach. Thanks again
  8. J

I do believe that is an original secondary clutch. I cannot recall the material they used but it sounds correct. I suspect the clutch is pinned to the jackshaft. I had some of them a few years back and got rid of them. Dummy me. Regards
  9. J

new fenders

Thank you both for the reply. My orginal fenders measure : 13" from end to end (straight across) 16.5 " from end to end (outside curve) 3.75" from table surface to bottom edge of...
  10. J

new fenders

It seems all the aftermarket new metal fenders are the incorrect size for me, either to short or to long. ( Curve and length). Is there a way to recurve a fender? I basically want to increase the height of the arch so that the ends come together abit more. Any advice, Thanks
  11. J

Great thread here, Basically, With the secondary clutch offered in the repo 2 speed set-up... Imagine the secondary jackshaft clutch acting like the clutch on a std. single sprocket engine driven direct drive clutch. The engine shaft has to aquire a certain RPM to engage.( idle to takeoff)...
  12. J

Hey..just chiming in on this based on memory The Lil Indian and Rupp original 2 speed set ups utilized a one way roller clutch bearing in the 1st gear sprocket.( there are 2 styles of roller clutch bearings). The bearings with basically 3 sets of needles within the width of the bearing are...
  13. J

where do all the clutch covers go?

Regarding where all the kickstands go... I have been asking this same question. I have a couple of NOS stands. Not sure what they were installed on originally. From a design standpoint, what I have seen is that they resemble the kickstands on the bycicles made in the 20's thru 40's. Basically no...
  14. J

Central Supply Charger seat and decal

That is excellent news. Please keep me posted. Earlier style seat preferred. Kinda long, small kickup in the rear and not very thick. Says charger on the back. Maybe 18 0r 19 inches long.
  15. J

Central Supply Charger seat and decal

Thanks for the reply. I actually have the bike. From what I have seen it looks like the K series bike. I just received a CCS add copy. In that print it looks just like the Charger 2. I'll have to figure out how to load pictures. Have not tried this yet. A fellow member has contacted me and is...