Recent content by loworange88

1. L

3 hp crank case gasket replacement issue

I used a B&S 692218. It’s 0.015” thick. Sounds like I’m ordering another gasket to add to it.
  2. L

3 hp crank case gasket replacement issue

Hey all. I have an older 80202 briggs engine. It was leaking oil from the bottom of the crank case gasket below the output shaft. I tore the bike down and had the motor on the bench. I removed the crank case cover, and scraped off all the old gasket, and put the new one on, and replaced the...
  3. L

Lets talk about scrub brakes

Cool. I added a clutch brake to our old Sears MB. I used a handle bar brake lever to actuate the clutch brake as the "main brake". The original scrub brake and a new foot pedal are the "back up" brake. in addition to the aluminum shoe, I added a thick piece of rubber to the aluminum shoe...
  4. L

front wheel axle sleeve?

Somewhat up and down/front to back. Not so much side to side. I feel like the sleeve is worn, and there is some wear on the cross bolt. I can get some pictures and measurements later on.
  5. L

front wheel axle sleeve?

Hey thanks for the reply. I think the bike is an old sears runabout or Bird Wren.
  6. L

front wheel axle sleeve?

Hey everyone, I did some checking of things on the minibike now that its gotten some ride time on it. I replaced the neck bushings and had to add a shim between the bushing and the fork mount plate, the forks are much tighter now, and feel much better, so I think I may have eliminated much of...
  7. L

some general maintenance question

Thanks for the responses guys. These are likely things Inwill tackle over the winter.
  8. L

some general maintenance question

Hey all. I have let my 9 year old ride around on the minibike I "restored" recently, and I've rode it some too. Its probably got a total of a few hours on it, not much at all really. I noticed the chain has seemingly stretched, or the motor has scooted back some, but I suspect the chain, and...
  9. IMG_10544

IMG_10544

10. IMG_10522

IMG_10522

11. IMG_1051

IMG_1051

12. IMG_10492

IMG_10492

13. L

Build-Thread - finally getting around to fixing it up....

I figured out the throttle, we got the engine mounted, clutch on, and chain on. My oldest and I took it around the yard some. My wife thinks its goes way too fast and wants me to dial it down some. I will have to play with the throttle to try to achieve this. We still need to make a new...
  14. L

Build-Thread - finally getting around to fixing it up....

What’s the best way to connect the throttle cable? I made a bracket to connect it to the engine, but not sure how I should secure the outer part of the cable at the engine.