Recent content by mfm3

1. M

What model Rupp Is this?

Thanks to everyone for all the pics and info. I picked it up today, but was in a hurry. Now it's in the trunk of my car in a hotel parking lot...so I've not got a good look at it yet. The paint looks to be original and is a non-metallic red; it's pretty dull. Based on the pics provided, maybe...
  2. M

need a tank for 68-69 Rupp

I have cash.
  3. M

What model Rupp Is this?

I found this...the caption read Rupp Goat...?
  4. M

What model Rupp Is this?

Just purchased this off ebay and will pick it up later this week. When I compare it to pictures of other Rupps, it looks like a '69 Roadster except that it is missing the headlight/mounting bracket, missing front fender, wrong gas tank and does not have a front brake. The motor is 5 HP...
  5. M

Project 1100

Where did you get the exhaust? Been looking for a pipe with muffler...is that a muffler at the end or just a step in the pipe?
  6. M

re-chrome, ouch...need to hear your experience

I knew it was something obvious...:doah:
  7. M

OK...sounds like you have to pay to play. Still interested in a referral to a recommened shop from anyone that has received good service.
  8. M

OK now...maybe we can get back to my original question. Any suggestions for re-chrome shops, and any idea what would be a reasonable price for re-chroming the parts shown in the picture?
  9. M

Any recomendations for re-chrome shops? I have one quote for $450 for the 10 parts shown. Obviously, I'm not going to spend that much. Any help will be appreciated.
  10. M

where can I find A throttle for 3/4" bars?

Hmmm....where would I find a "sleeve" with a 3/4" ID and 7/8" OD?
  11. M

where can I find A throttle for 3/4" bars?

I have a Grand Prix Deluxe (Deltek) that has small 3/4" dia bars. I can't find a 3/4" throttle. Any advice where I might be able to find a throttle and dummy grip?
  12. M

I know it's a Grand Prix Deluxe, but looking for more info...

I'm interested in this Tiawan built bike on ebay...anyone know more about it? I think the frame is cool...looks a little like a chopper frame. I did search on "Grand Prix" and found there were a lot of mini bike sellers such as Deckson (AU) that sold similar mini bikes, but I did not see any...
  13. M

new here...any opinions on this Artic Cat Mini?

I'm looking to buy my first vintage mini at age 47. I'm open to anything that looks cool, runs and will do at least 30 MPH. Any opnions on this? Arctic Cat Mini Bike
  14. M

greetings from down under

need 1 posts b4 PM