What model Rupp Is this?

mfm3

Just purchased this off ebay and will pick it up later this week. When I compare it to pictures of other Rupps, it looks like a '69 Roadster except that it is missing the headlight/mounting bracket, missing front fender, wrong gas tank and does not have a front brake. The motor is 5 HP Tehcumseh, but the seller believes it's a replacement. There are probably other differences that I'm missing. I'm a Rupp novice and appreciate any help identifying what model Rupp I now own.

Purchased:

Rupp Roadster:

toomanytoys

Looks good to me. One day mine will be back together. Work 10 or 12 hours and then work on home remodeling for 3 or 4 hours. No time for minis

Yes, from what I can see, it's most likely (Goat) if it's any of the named bikes.. It might have also been one of the less fancy nuber-letter serial number typed bikes C350 or whatever it might have been.

If it originally had the triangle gas tank, it will have two cross brackets for the tank to bolt on with in the frame rails where they'd be..

If it was an HS type engine and had a tank on the motor, there will be no mounts for the triangle tank..

The engine is an HS and not what belongs in a Goat, but IS a minibike correct HS engine, and could have gone in any other old Rupp or Sears or Arctic Cat minibike.. So thats definately worth a dollar or three...

The chain guard is wrong, as a Goat would use the larger chrome one, yours is like would be from a Banchi or Chopper or something.. SO thats not the 300 dollar chainguard you'd need.. BUT it's the 300 dollar chainguard someone ELSE needs.. :laugh:

But from what I see, if you had the triangle tank.. I would say it was a Rupp Goat, made in 69 only..

H50 Tecumseh, two speed automatic jack shaft, chrome everything except head and tail lights, and either Green or Blue originally..

:angry: The original was there and :bowdown: when Kyle found it in the garbage.. The stitching was coming undone in a corner so I left it off so he could fix it..

Some years later I get the bike back, no seat.. The chrome pipe was missing too.. :angry: It was %100 minus chainguard when Kyle found it.. In the GARBAE!! :mellow:

It is either a oat or a Ram. I have a Ram that Im restoring that looks just like that. If it was a Roadster it would have a front brake. If it was a C350 the rear and front fenders are different than the Roadsters. I dont think the tail light was original on the Ram or the Goats. I could be wrong. Here are a couple of pics of mine when I tore them apart.

jrzmac

it's kinda like the 69 Digger and 69 Sprint. basically the same bike. The Goat and Ram were the same thing I think??? Maybe the engine mounting plate were a little different? I dont know.... maybe someone else can explain it? I'll post pics of all of them. try and see what the differrences are?

1969 Digger

1969 Sprint

1969 Goat

1969 Ram

I can't find a pic of the Ram. If anyone has one that hey def. know is a Ram please post a pic.
According to Rupparts.com, the Goat and Ram were the same Bike Descriptions - Rupp Parts & Performance Midwest LLC Is he the foremost authority on Rupp mini bikes? I dont know? I do know a lot of the stuff I learned was from his sites though!!!(and this one of course)....Maybe they sold the Sprint on the East Coast and one the Digger on the West? who knows......

Thats what I was wondering.. I had a service manual from a Rupp dealer.. It had a big ole list of stuff you could buy and catologs and what not, and I never seen a Ram..

If you have one, it'd be a DAMN GOOD ONE to have.. :shifty:

Thanks to everyone for all the pics and info. I picked it up today, but was in a hurry. Now it's in the trunk of my car in a hotel parking lot...so I've not got a good look at it yet. The paint looks to be original and is a non-metallic red; it's pretty dull. Based on the pics provided, maybe I have a goat. However, it looks like a single speed; not a 2-speed.

The dude I bought it from said he got it 10 years ago with no motor and purchased a new HS-50 for it. He then tells me the motor has less than an hour of run time! Can't wait to test ride it this weekend. Does anyone know the the correct motor for a Goat?

Thanks to everyone for all the pics and info. I picked it up today, but was in a hurry. Now it's in the trunk of my car in a hotel parking lot...so I've not got a good look at it yet. The paint looks to be original and is a non-metallic red; it's pretty dull. Based on the pics provided, maybe I have a goat. However, it looks like a single speed; not a 2-speed.

The dude I bought it from said he got it 10 years ago with no motor and purchased a new HS-50 for it. He then tells me the motor has less than an hour of run time! Can't wait to test ride it this weekend. Does anyone know the the correct motor for a Goat?
Tecumseh H50