Recent content by micksauto

1. micksauto

Rebuilt the 5hp

That's a great tip! Thanks.
  2. micksauto

Rebuilt the 5hp

ok, got the thing back together today. Seems to run better. Definitely more torque. Now for that pulsajet carb....
  3. micksauto

Rebuilt the 5hp

Are you serious?? Ugh:doah:
  4. micksauto

Rebuilt the 5hp

oK, I went through and checked the timing, it was spot on. valve lash, not so much. So, I filed the valves, tediously, until I had.006". Unfortunately, now I need to go buy a new head gasket.:cursing:
  5. micksauto

Wildcat Bobcat Registration program

I can grab those for you tomorrow.
  6. micksauto

Rebuilt the 5hp

ok file the valves, this is achieved differently than doing a car engine. I honestly had no clue, which is why I asked. I am leaving for Virginia for a couple weeks, so I won't be able to get to this until then. I figured stock valves out, new stock replacements in :doah: And the crank gear is...
  7. micksauto

I love seeing all this stuff!:bowdown:
  8. micksauto

I hate you paint!

Rattle can will yield excellent results if all the proper conditions are met.Humidity wreaks havoc with Rustoleum. If you mess up the first coat, all subsequent coats will be the same, without sanding it out first. More clear is not always better. If you spray a gloss and then try to clear it...
  9. micksauto

Rebuilt the 5hp

ok, now see I did it differently because I seen no dot on the crank. I had the camshaft dot due south, and the crankshaft cast line, was horizontal to the camshaft centerline. Probably sounds crazy, but that's how it was lined up before teardown. But now I'm thinking maybe it is the valves. How...
  10. micksauto

I know right? what the heck? haha:eek:
  11. micksauto

I got my registration a day after giving my info! I got to tell you, I was really impressed with the paper. Very well done! Now I can't wait for the tags! Woo-Hoo! I am number 5(after special reserve numbers)!!!:scooter::thumbsup::2guns::scooter:
  12. micksauto

Rebuilt the 5hp

Danc9, my crank had no identifying marks on it like the cam did. That was the first thing i looked for when I pulled the side cover. 125ccCrazy no, I didn't check the lash. There did not seem to be any, would you happen to know the spec on that by chance?
  13. micksauto

Rebuilt the 5hp

I finally got it running. For some reason it didn't want to take to a prime? Does anyone have a timing diagram? I think mine might be 1 tooth off. I did the hand over carb trick and it was pushing it more than pulling, and has not enough power to pull me around. I swear I lined everything back...
  14. micksauto

Thank you Phil!
  15. micksauto

Rebuilt the 5hp

So I rebuilt the 5hp Briggs this week. Now I can't get any gas to fire. I wonder what now?:shrug: I did not rebuild the carb, but did give it a good blow thru with the air hose, and replaced the carb to tank gasket. I pulled the plug after many many attempts to start it. There wasn't a drop of...