Recent content by Mr X

1. M

peerless transmission

thanks for all the suggestions. looks like i will have to do alittle more research
  2. M

peerless transmission

The thing is this is for a school competition and everyone has to use the same engine and can't modify it. We have a comet tav on the current car but were looking for alternatives with reverse. If anything we will just make a reverse gear but it would be nice to have a gearbox with no belts
  3. M

peerless transmission

does anyone know of some other alternative that i can use? an idea was to take a dirt bike motor and make a custom housing just for the gearbox. but are there any other transmissions that can be bought which would work and be shifted on the fly with a clutch?
  4. M

peerless transmission

im trying to build a small offroad buggy with a 15hp briggs engine. I was looking into using a peerless 700 transmission maybe with a custom case and bearings and fill it all with oil. one thing im wondering about is can the peerless transmission be shifted on the fly? lets say i put a manual...
  5. M

looks fimilliar...

i googled those names and some old minibikes threads came up this one is exactly like mine http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/what/41908-im-sure-easy-one-you.html but noone knew what it was exactly. im gonna go with the fact that its a bird scat-bat or something with manco wheels. its going...
  6. M

looks fimilliar...

based on the wheels could it be just a random manco bike?
  7. M

looks fimilliar...

just picked this bike up for $50 and spent $35 driving there and back. the engine spins and has compression but the crankshaft bearings or bushing are shot and it has no spark. the wheels and frame are really good and it rolls nicely. the clutch is shot as well, the bushing is gone and the teeth...
  8. M

Autolite ar3910x

its a modded clone. after calling many places apparently some car shop can get me the regular ar3910. but i will see tomorow if they actually got them. as for other brands i dont really know the equivelants to the ar3910 and in general its hard to find performance spark plugs around here for...
  9. M

Freak-Bikes, Homemades, Customs, Frankenbikes & Oddballs

one of the first bikes with that frame design i made. it was light and was fun to ride around. i ended up riding it alot in the snow and in the park. next version, shorter wheelbase and a single chain, the clutch kept wearing out because i didnt have a good tensioner and the chain was...
  10. M

Autolite ar3910x

If you read my initial post you will see that the whole problem is that indont want to pay 20 dollars shipping on a 6 dollar spark plug
  11. M

Autolite ar3910x

I tried calling a few including napa and they said that they can't order it even because it's not available in Canada.
  12. M

Autolite ar3910x

I found a bunch of these plugs online but they aren't sold in Canada. All the places want 20 dollars to ship1 sparkplug. I was wondering if anyone has one of these and would be able to ship one in a padded envelope or something.
  13. M

homemade winter project

pretty much. from idle if i give it full throttle for a second and then let off the engine goes to very slow idle, it almost dies.
  14. M

homemade winter project

so ive been doing some work on the bike so i can finally test ride it. i mounted the front fender, gas tank, chain tensioner and all the stuff so i can ride it around and tune the engine. i also made the foot pegs fold and made a new header and port matched the flange to the exhaust port so it...
  15. M

opposite of a mini bike haha someone in socal should buy this asap

just wondering what makes it worth $1200?