Recent content by push it home

1. P

HS40 Lighting Coil Voltage Output???

No idea.....how do I tell what RPM I'm at?
  2. P

HS40 Lighting Coil Voltage Output???

I've got a 1971 Rupp Roadster2 and my headlight does not work. The taillight does, however. Does anyone know the voltage output for the lights on a Tecumseh HS40? I'm currently getting 8.5 volts at the headlight plug, is this too low? Thank you.
  3. P

HS40 Carb Adjustment

So I messed around with it today. IT RUNS!!! I got rid of the sputtering/stalling when I throttle it from idle, but when it's at full throttle and I'm running it, it sometimes sputters and pops and backfires. It is VERY humid and hot right now and I'm not sure if that could be an issue?? It is...
  4. P

HS40 Carb Adjustment

Out of curiosity, what does the small screw, the large screw, and the screw up higher do specifically?
  5. P

HS40 Carb Adjustment

I did as you described. The engine starts and stays running, but as soon as I throttle it, it sputters and makes no power. What should I do next?
  6. P

HS40 Carb Adjustment

So is that for both screws? I need to wind them almost all the way in and back them both out a turn and a half?
  7. P

HS40 Carb Adjustment

Not the greatest pics, but you can see the carb that I'm dealing with....
  8. P

HS40 Carb Adjustment

Could someone direct me to a DIY carb adjustment procedure for a Tecumseh diaphragm-type carb for the HS40 engine. I don't know which screw is which and the procedure for adjusting them. Please help! Thank you
  9. P

NEEDED Rupp/Tecumseh HS40 Flywheel Nut

I need one BADLY. If anyone has one, please let me know!!! Thank you.
  10. P

Flywheel Nut Size on Tecumseh HS40.

Anybody know the proper size of this nut? Thank you.
  11. P

Rupp Roadster/2 oil weight?

What weight oil should I run in my 71 Roadster/2 with stock HS40 engine? Thank you
  12. P

Ruppparts TC Driver Install

Thank you! But what about the included washers? Are these the "spacers" the description is referring to?
  13. P

Ruppparts TC Driver Install

I ordered a replacement TC Driver for my 71 Rupp Roadster/2 from ruppparts.com. Rupp Blackwidow, Roadster 2, Scrambler, Enduro TC-1 torque converter What they sent me is in the first picture. Does anyone know the order that it all goes together? It included (2) 3/4" washers and I don't know...
  14. P

Rupp Roadster Light Switch Question

Yeah, they are definitely smaller than #4's. I wonder if they would be metric or standard?
  15. P

Rupp Roadster Light Switch Question

Yeah, I could not find anything that small locally.