Recent content by Rufus Hugo

1. R

Powder Coating

If you're talking about JLC, thanks for mentioning Macon, I did not know they existed. Post your quote once you get it, I'm curious. Thanks!
  2. R

PVL Flywheel

Price-wise, I considered it, but the local guys(ARC) do answer the phone & give good tech help, so I went with them. Actually, I think I ordered a Hemi PVL at a slightly higher price from their website, but they shipped a billet ARC wheel. I went back to the website & couldn't find it again, so...
  3. R

What Sprockets Are You Running?

Add a TAV-2 clone from Amazon or Ebay for $100 or so.. Gobs more torque, more top end! Smoother & less chatter compared to your clutch setup. Be prepared, additional torque will throw your son off, & possibly you too!
  4. R

TAV2 aluminum cover and custom handlebars FS

Can you post the link to the cover?
  5. R

BSP Clone Engines For Fun Kart

Which vendor? I had the impression that the ARC kits were shipped totally unassembled. BTW a new ARC hemi .020" rod & flywheel showed up today & the workmanship looks beautiful(& I make gun parts on CNC machines for a living).
  6. R

Help with a Tav2 rear wheel sprocket set up

13T Tooth 35 Sprocket Gear with 3 4" Bore for Jackshaft Mini Bike Go Kart New | eBay https://www.OldMiniBikes.com/-35-Chain-13-Tooth.html
  7. R

Help with a Tav2 rear wheel sprocket set up

Change your front sprocket to an 11t or 12t, this will cut the torque down. Less than $15 fix for 1 sprocket. The downside side is that you will get more top end. You now have a 6:1 ratio. 11t will get you about 5.5:1. 12t will get you about 5:1, 13t = 4:6 to 1. I have no idea what your top...
  8. R

Carbs

Thanks for the link, I didn't know of them!
  9. R

Any off-the-shelf front brakes for the Baja Heat? Or an upgrade for the rear?

Now that the go part is working well, I need to think about more whoa. That rear drum is ok for 25mph but I feel it's sketchy at 40mph.:scared: I'm not opposed to buying a parts bike just for the brakes. What should I look for? Thanks!
  10. R

Drink beer !

Buenos tardes Monterrey!
  11. R

Question about Baja warrior

If you have big open spaces to ride, at 1/2 to full throttle, the clutch will be fine. If you think the kids will be put-putting around trees & obstacles or trying to ride uphill, you need a TC. Bear in mind, a Predator & TC may throw them off, if ridden aggressively. My Baja Heat will wheelie...
  12. R

predator 212cc hemi

$500 will almost by a prepared race engine. I'll be watching replies, I also want to build a midrange monster(actually a pair) for my Kinroad buggy frame, to replace that GY6.
  13. R

Lower Alabama Spring Fling..

Same here.
  14. R

New member in Georgia

58yo here, central GA. Got the bug badly, I now have more Predators(4) than frames(2) to put them on..... HF is only 20 miles away! Those dang $98 sales!