Recent content by scrappybunch

1. scrappybunch

Piston coatings

Automotive have used coated pistons for years. I've torn down engines with 12000 miles and the skirt coatings are usually worn off. Just sayin'.
  2. scrappybunch

Tecumseh air cleaner

Found this one in stock https://www.powerequipmentwarehouse.com/30083-oregon-aftermarket-parts-air-filter-tecumseh
  3. scrappybunch

Tecumseh air cleaner

https://www.oregonproducts.com/en/dry-foam-air-filter%2C-tecumseh/p/30-083
  4. scrappybunch

Tecumseh air cleaner

I watched this vid the other day. They have shelves of NOS Tecumseh parts. Maybe try to contact them.
  5. scrappybunch

Tecumseh 8HP Electronic Ignition Question

This one has built in advance, pretty cool!!!
  6. scrappybunch

Plenty of info out there on how to do this.
  7. scrappybunch

The ability to set actual ignition timing far outweighs any advantage of electronic ignition. If your set up has 12volt battery and charging system, you could fab up a really nice electronic ignition using a chrysler or GM HEI ignition module and coil. A lot of effort, just to eliminate points.
  8. scrappybunch

.010, no scratch that .020 over HS50 :)

The stuffer is a good idea. The old straight six chevy has a really messed up siamese intake port, and someone makes a stuffer to improve flow.
  9. scrappybunch

.010, no scratch that .020 over HS50 :)

Nice! Have you ever epoxied the intake port To get rid of that silly inner corner and kinda make it round?
  10. scrappybunch

What's This Thing Worth? - Heathkit Deluxe Color TV unbuilt

Five years later.... Unbuilt Heathkits still bring good money on ebay. Guess we have not "all died off"
  11. scrappybunch

HS40 engine on our Rupp?

Has anyone tried using a flywheel from a vertical shaft rotary mower? They weigh less. 50 yrs ago I put one on my side popper go kart, was tough to pull start, but would rev up quick, so quick it out powered the centrifugal clutch. Maybe the clutch was worn, I dunno, was just a 13 yr old kid.
  12. scrappybunch

Carburetor Expert's

Read up about tuning weber carbs. Those use the emulsion tube holes & air bleed for fine tuning the mixture.
  13. scrappybunch

Carburetor Expert's

Does this have a removable emulsion tube? If so maybe wrong one, there are diffrent colors to ID them
  14. scrappybunch

Carburetor Expert's

The ones that run rich on the main system, possibly the main air bleed or emulsion tube is blocked or restricted. This is where the fuel mixes with air to form an emulsion. Not enough air and it will pull more fuel from the bowl.
  15. scrappybunch

If buying this is wrong I don’t want to be right

I went back the next day with some tools, the whole blower was gone.