Recent content by Taco Tom

1. T

Taco Shocks

Looking for a pair of original taco rear shocks for a '67 taco 44 restoration project. Thanks, Tom
  2. T

What is correct re. Cherry Brake Levers, Taco 44, 1967

1967 Taco 44. What is the correct Cherry Brake Lever. One picture is a riveted lever with the handle bar bolts threaded into the lever (no nuts). It also has a circled R stamped into the bracket. The other picture is an original 1967 Taco 44. All using nuts and bolts. Is the riveted...
  3. T

Joe's MiniBike Reunion So Cal

I'm going Need parts for a Taco 44 restoration.:scooter:
  4. T

Taco 44 Swing Arm Bushings??

I'm thinking regular brass bushings (1/2 od x 3/8/id) for the swing arms. Leave the frame alone to keep it original. Nylon washers on all sides of swing arm and frame. :grind: Havasu Dave, How did that formula for paint turn out?
  5. T

Taco 44 Swing Arm Bushings??

The swing arms were badly dished from nuts. It was suggested to use brass bushings, 1/2 od, 3/8 id. Should I do both the swing arms and frame? Flanged bushings? Nylon washers between the arms and frame? Any help before the powder coating is appreciated. Also, notice the original purple taco...
  6. T

Jack Shaft Gearing for a '67 Taco 44 ??

Hi OldMiniBikes'ers, Does anybody know the original/stock jackshaft, clutch, and rear sprocket gearing for a 1967 Taco 44. 3hp B&S. It did come to me with an 11 sprocket clutch, 16 and 11 on the jackshaft, and a 60 back wheel sprocket. The clutch sprocket and rear wheel are in good shape. But, the...
  7. T

1967 B/S For a Taco 44

Looking for a 1967 3hp B&S for a Taco 44. Running, or not. Thanks, Tom I have a 1972, front gas tank, 3hp for sale or trade. Thanks..
  8. T

What did I just buy???? Taco?? or a Faco?

Not a Taco, but a SWEET deal. Looks nice!!!:scooter:
  9. T

How do I move a thread to the proper forum?

Thanks, I don't want to get banned.
  10. T

How do I move a thread to the proper forum?

Me Bad:hammer:. I placed a question thread in the project log forum and need to move it to the general minibike forum. I've searched all over and havn't been able to figure it out, or if it's possible. Thank You.
  11. T

'67 Taco 44 Rear Brakes/Drum ?? Is A Mess

Scottessey: Your pic of the cable shows a tab, of some sort, at the swingarm bolt. I have no such thing. Any ideas on that? I'll check w/ Taco Bill for the brake arm. Thanks!!:bowdown: Okay, i'll blast everything, replace the brake shoes, and i'm good to go. The sprocket appears to be in good...
  12. T

I'm sure I can clean it up and make it work. Would that be the ORIGINAL STEEN thing to do? I do want this thing to stop when I hit the brakes!!! Thanks. :scooter:
  13. T

Is this 1967 Taco 44 brake drum, levers, plate, and everything pictured worth restoring? Is this how John Steen manufactured this unit? I see the repos have the bolts through the drum, not welded on. How does the brake cable attach. What is missing? Thank You all for your help!!!
  14. T

Rawtone, I saw on another post you can make Taco swingarms. I have a 67 44 that the swingarms...

Rawtone, I saw on another post you can make Taco swingarms. I have a 67 44 that the swingarms either need repair or replacing. Thanks, Tom
  15. T

Jackshaft kit

I'm to slow. Just what I need. PM me if the sale falls through. :scooter: