Recent content by Thedoggo34

1. Thedoggo34

How do I identify the vin?

Just picked up this ct90 for a couple hundred bucks, with a lot of parts, and I after I get new parts for it and everything I want to identify the year, I’m just not sure how to read the vin on this. It’s a 60s era bike. Any help will be appreciated.
  2. Thedoggo34

Should I do a once over everything?

I somehow ended up getting all the screws out without an impact, about an hour getting them all out, stripped a few but still got em out, to find some metal chunks in the case, surprisingly all of the gears are still intact. I’m pretty sure it’s Japanese can’t find any markings, but now the real...
  3. Thedoggo34

I can’t really even find the model on this. The side cover screws are all Phillips heads and all of them are stuck, and I can’t get them off, to look at the inside.
  4. Thedoggo34

I’ve just got this bike I’m doing a resto on and when disassembling to rebuild the top end I saw this part of the piston gone, i don’t really want to take it all apart but just seeing what I should do.
  5. Thedoggo34

What could be issue with no spark

If I could get it for $600 would that be a good deal? Has clean title.
  6. Thedoggo34

What could be issue with no spark

Im thinking of buying this Suzuki Dr650, and in the add it says that he rode it and it stopped sparking when he was riding, he said he put a new cdi, and stator and still nothing. I just want to see what you think it could possibly be before I end up spending way too much money on it. Thinking...
  7. Thedoggo34

Trying to hook a kill switch to my 2000 ford ranger

Where I live lots of trucks are being stolen and I want to make sure my truck isn’t next and I want to put in a simple toggle kill switch in it. I just want to know how I could be able to do it. I heard somewhere that you could cut a wire going up the the inertia switch.
  8. Thedoggo34

Finally got my mini bike project done

I never ended up being able to find where it was made.
  9. Thedoggo34

Finally got my mini bike project done

Finally got my mini bike done after a few months. Has come a very long way from what it used to be.
  10. Thedoggo34

How would I make a predator 212 look vintage?

I ended up zip tying the throttle cable to the throttle assembly but surprisingly it works pretty good.
  11. Thedoggo34

I ended up finding a cheap edger with an 78´ 3hp Briggs on it. When I remove the motor from the edger how would the throttle setup work? Never worked on this carb setup before.
  12. Thedoggo34

Would a old 8hp Briggs fit on my bike

The old motor on my mini bike was an old 3.5hp Briggs, and I’m looking for a new motor for this, and I found an old 8hp Briggs I just want to know if it would fit, like how much bigger is the motor, and are the mounting holes correct? There should be room if the mounting holes will work.
  13. Thedoggo34

I ended up finding a Gx160 for really cheap so i ended up buying it and when I went to see how it mounts, everything mounted pretty good until the valve cover ended up running into the brake mount so, I guess ill have to keep looking for another motor. But thanks for the advice.
  14. Thedoggo34

I want to put a flathead on it but all of these old Briggs, and Tecumsehs rarely come up for sale around me. The original motor was a 5hp Clinton Briggs but its too far gone but, there are usually a few cheap used predators for sale near me usually.