Who is planning to build a mini in 2024?

Tommie

Most of the bikes came from Facebook. I have a couple friends who watch Facebook and send me messages since I don't have it,then I buy them on my wife's account. The roper I just bought off my brother, along with a speedway and Cheeftah a few years ago. I usually get the cheapest pieces of crap out there but I'm okay with aftermarket parts and 5hp briggs are everywhere here. I have a guy who blasts and powder coats a bike for 125.00. I've got several projects going on at the same time but I'm in no hurry to finish them, I have 5 runners so I ride whenever it's warm. Im just having fun. I figure if I get these stripped junkers, blast and coat them, even if I never finish them, I've saved them for at least another 50 years.
There's a few Speedways out in Des Moines Iowa on Facebook marketplace

Augiedoggie

HMMMM......
I hadn't planned on a mini bike build until some other projects were completed. Just had a visit with my adult son today and saw his huge back yard and wooded riding area and decided it would be nice to get his old Atlas/Z50/Horstman/Briggs running for him so he could tear around his yard with his adult children and grandkids. I also have a small 80cc pit bike I don't need that I wanted the grandkids to ride. I built my boy a homebrewed mini in the late 1970s with very limited fabrication facilities/abilities. I have intended to cut front and rear suspension apart for proper rework and never had the time to complete it to my satisfaction. He never cared because it ran fine, but it irks the shit out of me every time I look at a few of the build mistakes I made all those years ago. Hoping to find time to get it perfect for him this spring. My goal was to bring it to Oley mini bike meet this year. Will try.....

joshua. c.

I cant say I'll have them all finished this year but I will be working on at least 3 and posibley a few more bikes that im building. I need to finish tuning my Bonanza to complete that project, I need to fix some damage to a Rupp frame paint it and assemble It into a working bike and I need to rework an h70 motor to finish a Speedway project.

I also have 1 more Rupp, a Coalman (vintage) a Powerdyne and a Scat cat to work on so plenty of future projects to keep me busy.

I started my build with the help of Skipp. Received a Bonanza frame with one wheel and a homemade seat. See the pics on where I have taken it. Hope to have it completed by Spring. Has a Briggs 206cc ready to be mounted in frame. Thank you Skipp and other members on the site for you guidance.

Attachments

Have swing arm from Skipp, purchased new wheels and tires, had a seat made and upholstered with black pleats and white tube trim around the edge. Purchased a brake set up and an under seat header pipe.

Minimichael

The big orange "post thread" button on this site can get you going. Do it in the sub-forum "mini bike discussion" (same as this thread), attach pictures and start talking :D

I started my build with the help of Skipp. Received a Bonanza frame with one wheel and a homemade seat. See the pics on where I have taken it. Hope to have it completed by Spring. Has a Briggs 206cc ready to be mounted in frame. Thank you Skipp and other members on the site for you guidance.

Going to finish my monster moto 80 212cc predator conversion with stage 2 race kit, hydro brakes, sun-f tires, front fork, muffler for my loud ass straight pipe, and a kill switch.

I'm finished buying the parts for my scat thing Hemi predator engine build. Picked up an RPQ "bullet proof" kit which has a lightened flat top piston, squeeze cast aluminum flywheel rated to 10k rpm, +20 ARC rod, some goofy spark plug boot, and an oil plug with magnet. Full kit was $155, so not bad on price. Got an EC carbs TTS 265 cam for it, 26 lb valve springs, and an exhaust pipe with RLV silencer (not in picture). That should finish that build up with a few random bits from the hardware store to space things properly and get the lighting on. I'm going to start the engine build on that tomorrow now that the parts are in and the weather is hitting 40+ again.

When summer hits I got a 3rd bike project to start work on while getting the Alsport disassembled and off to get powder coated. The HM80 I rebuilt and converted to a NOVA2 ignition system is going to end up in that bike.

2024-02-12 parts box.jpg 2024-02-12 2nd scamp.jpg Tec Finished.jpg