1965 Harley Davidson M65

edwin

how does the carb look. who ever owns it in the end, depending on condition, i would like to buy the carb. if its goin up for wall art.

This bike is across town at a friends place.. he is the current owner now and very happy! He plans on pulling it apart and sending the motor to Jim's for a rebuild.. then restoring her back into shape.. So here I am on the prowl for my next bike!:sadcrying4:

mine is in my basment,in parts,ther on
evelbay so i wont have it in another day!:doah:
This bike is across town at a friends place.. he is the current owner now and very happy! He plans on pulling it apart and sending the motor to Jim's for a rebuild.. then restoring her back into shape.. So here I am on the prowl for my next bike!:sadcrying4:

Last edited:
Anyone have a good parts source for these? I've just been charged with rebuilding one which is in very good complete, original condition. I've not had my hands on an Aermacchi since my '73 Z90 - back when it was new!

Hey, all. I am a busy, busy goober, with a LOT of irons in the fire. Just now came across this old post and realized I never followed up to share the end result. Yes, I did find an excellent source for parts, and with patience and gumption I got 'er all done. Did all the mechanical, cosmetic, and paint work myself - pretty much everything except sending parts out for rechroming.
Note, bike is not mine. I fixed it up for a neighbor's son-in-law - no charge. (We traded for some remodeling work neighbor did on our house.) I thought it turned out pretty good. Runs well, too.

1713526918779.jpeg

1713526964813.png

1713527015967.png

1713527058346.png

Hey, all. I am a busy, busy goober, with a LOT of irons in the fire. Just now came across this old post and realized I never followed up to share the end result. Yes, I did find an excellent source for parts, and with patience and gumption I got 'er all done. Did all the mechanical, cosmetic, and paint work myself - pretty much everything except sending parts out for rechroming.
Note, bike is not mine. I fixed it up for a neighbor's son-in-law - no charge. (We traded for some remodeling work neighbor did on our house.) I thought it turned out pretty good. Runs well, too.

View attachment 313329

View attachment 313330

View attachment 313331

View attachment 313332
Nice job thanks for following up. Any hints as to where you were able to obtain parts ?

I'll have to get back into my files to find the info. Generally speaking, source was a really interesting, old school guy with a shop who does no online communication. All inquiries and purchases had to be made via telephone, working around his schedule. Good guy, just set in his ways.