Search results

1. A

Wacky Video Award, 2008!

I vote this to be the most wacky mini videos of last year. The bike is actually pretty cool, but what a strange editing job and presentation! Stick with it, it runs pretty long. :confused: Sidecar Mini
  2. A

Yet another WTH is this?

A Jolly Roger?
  3. A

Got My HF Clone Running - Impressions

I have the "old style" 6.5hp HF clone with the Honda style gas tank that I picked up last week. I bolted it in my bike and started it. It seems to run fine, but had a bad vibration. I was worried, but after taking a good look at it, the gas tank was missing the 3rd bolt at the rear of the...
  4. A

Help Me ID This New Frame

I bought this painted roller off ebay for $200. I wanted a running mini without waiting for my 2 projects to be done, and wanted to avoid the made in China DB. The seller said it was new, built in the US and that he had bought a bunch of mini stuff at auction. It has 6" wheels (cheapies) and a...
  5. A

Quick Question About Clone Clutch Installation

Hi Guys, I bought a Hillard (Masters of Motion) clutch with the bronze sleeve and built in key. When i put it on my HF clone shaft (gear side toward engine), there is about 3/16" space, so with a nut and a washer, the clutch has some play and can move on the shaft. How do you take care of...
  6. A

Share your wheel reconditioning secrets?

I was wondering how you guys clean up oxidized aluminum wheels. Mine aren't too bad, just ugly. Thanks
  7. A

Another WTH is this?

Ideas please?
  8. A

How Rusty is Too Rusty

I am checking out a couple of Cat 400's for nice prices and one seems like it has some nasty rust in spots where the paint has chipped away. It probably sat in a shed and in Nashville, and it gets real humid in the summer. Who knows? Has anyone had a frame that was just to far gone or badly...
  9. A

Removing Sheet Metal on Clone Cylinder

I have a HF clone and had to remove the shiny plated sheet metal shroud that covers the bottom side of the cylinder and attaches to the pull-start housing. I need the clearance or it will hit the driven pulley for the TC on my Arctic Cat Climber. It looks like the flywheel fan blades push air...
  10. A

Another "What the heck is this one?" Help me ID

Anyone know what this is?
  11. A

Can anyone ID this?

What is this? Is it a custom job?
  12. A

Need Artic Cat Gas Tank

Hi, I need a gas tank for my AC Climber. The one I have is rusted through and won't even hold fumes! Thanks
  13. A

Is My Tec Sick?

Well, I got my AC Climber running today. It has the original HS40 4hp Tec. It was smoking pretty bad, has a pretty loud knock that gets louder when you let off the gas and will only run with the choke on. I haven't done anything to the carb except adjust the mixture screws. I did change the oil...
  14. A

Artic Cat Climber

Hi, I have a '71 or so AC Climber and have a few questions. The original engine looks a bit tired (not started it yet) and I had thought about using a more modern engine such as Tecumseh Power Sport or a Robin EX series instead. The torque converter and jackshaft look like they will get in the...