Help Me ID This New Frame

I bought this painted roller off ebay for $200. I wanted a running mini without waiting for my 2 projects to be done, and wanted to avoid the made in China DB. The seller said it was new, built in the US and that he had bought a bunch of mini stuff at auction. It has 6" wheels (cheapies) and a rear disk brake.

Any ideas who made this? It sure isn't an Azusa.

[/IMG]

Link to more pics: Album in My Photos

Last edited:

Ratbike

Looks kinda like my orange mini, which was originally purchased @ Nothern Tools.... but mine's much smaller...HOW'S THAT FOR A STAB IN THE DARK GUESS!!! LOL!!:confused1:

Last edited:
Thanks for guessing anyway!

I took a look again at all the bad dog minis and the construction is not the same. The fork angle is wrong (his are all raked out like a chopper), the disk brake mount is different, rear wheel attachment is a small plate unlike this one, and his foot pegs look like the screw on folding type, etcetera.

My frame has a bolt on non folding foot peg bar, it has bronze bearings in the steering head, and completely straight handlebars with no sweep back at all, just flat. The quality seems very good and it's real sturdy. Maybe it will remain a mystery............

Andy,

My best guess is that it is a Kit Mini Bike, But a very well built one, and kind of reminds me of Cat Styling. IE the Fork Shaft and Frame Bends. Also Look At the Triple Trees, not flat junk. They are Triangle Shape like a good Set should be.

Since the guy has a bunch of part and more frames, a kit bike would be the best guess I'm sure. Considering the quality of build and the $200.00 price (painted with PPG auto paint) it ain't too shabby. :thumbsup:

That is just a hell of a deal, and it is not a db30. What more could you ask for for 200.00 you robbed him, buy everything he has and turn it.

Just to clarify, I added the engine. It included a throttle and a seat that looks like hell, but would be comfortable enough.

Ratbike

Thanks for guessing anyway!

I took a look again at all the bad dog minis and the construction is not the same. The fork angle is wrong (his are all raked out like a chopper), the disk brake mount is different, rear wheel attachment is a small plate unlike this one, and his foot pegs look like the screw on folding type, etcetera.

My frame has a bolt on non folding foot peg bar, it has bronze bearings in the steering head, and completely straight handlebars with no sweep back at all, just flat. The quality seems very good and it's real sturdy. Maybe it will remain a mystery............
I bent the handle bars on mine for more forward weight....

Ratbike

How did you bend them?
You had to ask LOL!!! I used a crow bar(4 ft.), pipe bending die,and small chain. Put the die 1/2 way between the bend in the handle bar(by the grip) and the top fork mount where the mounting bolt goes in...looped the chain around the handle bar up by the handle grip...slid the crow bar down through the loop and rested the end on the die...slowly push and presto ! Got the idea after I brought home a Super Bronc that had a bent right fork evidently the previous owner ran'er into something)...did the same thing to straighten it out and made it steer straight again. SOUNDS RED NECK BUT IT WORKED!:blush:

Ratbike

You had to ask LOL!!! I used a crow bar(4 ft.), pipe bending die,and small chain. Put the die 1/2 way between the bend in the handle bar(by the grip) and the top fork mount where the mounting bolt goes in...looped the chain around the handle bar up by the handle grip...slid the crow bar down through the loop and rested the end on the die...slowly push and presto ! Got the idea after I brought home a Super Bronc that had a bent right fork evidently the previous owner ran'er into something)...did the same thing to straighten it out and made it steer straight again. SOUNDS RED NECK BUT IT WORKED!:blush:
A small piece of board(instead of the die) would also work, but might make a sharper bend.

wow....

It looks alot like My Kincaide... But Its not 100% the same

My seat mounts are the same, frame shape is the same, Forks are differnt, I do have the Bronze Bushings thou, Foot bar is different, and back axle are different

What kind of clutch is that?