Search results

1. Putt-Putt

Change of plan. My real HORNET entry.

I recently got this Hornet from OldMiniBikes member Casey Davis. (Thanks again Casey.) This is "now" my official entry for the Build-Off. I want to keep the Jack-Shaft which means there's not enough room to use a Clone engine so I'll be looking for a Tecumseh engine. I haven't had time to...
  2. Putt-Putt

Dog Rescue Leads To Mini Bike Find

My wife admirably helps with Dog Rescue. Sometimes I get to help her with transporting dogs from the shelter to the vet or to other individuals helping with the rescue effort for dogs that deserve a good home. These people are "Real Heroes" in my eyes. Any way.......... The last time I went...
  3. Putt-Putt

Is one engine taller than the others?

Is there a "height" difference between Tecumseh 2 1/2 HP, 3 1/2 HP and 5 HP engines? I searched until I almost got cross-eyed. THANKS.
  4. Putt-Putt

Oil Seal Replacement Advice

I've got oil spewing out from around the crank-shaft clutch side area and from "searching" I guess I need to change the oil seal (got one on order). I've never done this before and want to find things out before I open this thing up. Is there anything I should look out for while doing this...
  5. Putt-Putt

Hand-grip Glue?

When you guys replace hand-grips do you GLUE the lefthand grip? If you do GLUE it on; what kind of glue? Silicon glue, weather strip glue, upholstery glue or just any type of glue? Thanks.
  6. Putt-Putt

Foremost and JC Penney

I know Bird Engineering made Mini Bikes for various distributors. But were "FOREMOST" / Bird Mini Bikes distributed by JC Penney exclusively? Thanks.
  7. Putt-Putt

Our "Brand New" JC Penney BIRD

My Mom sent me this picture of my Brother and me taken just after getting home with our NEW Mini Bike before any scratches or crashes. The photo was taken "circa" 1969 (no carbon dating tests required......just look at our "high water pants." I still have the Mini Bike but those style pants...
  8. Putt-Putt

Old Guy with New Guy Questions

I'm refurbishing and fixing up my Mini Bike from my childhood days and have some questions about different crankshafts. I've determined that I need to get another engine and I've found engines with crankshafts that have 3/4 , 5/8 and 1 inch diameters. After doing a search I see only 3/4 and...
  9. Putt-Putt

Hello and Greetings OldMiniBikes Forum

I've been lurking on OldMiniBikes for quite some time and liked the atmosphere, so I joined. I still have the MiniBike from my 2nd and 3rd grade school days. School years of 1968/69 and 1969/70. It's a J.C. Penney "Big Blue". In a collector's world it's nothing special. But in my world it's a very...