Hello and Greetings OldMiniBikes Forum

I've been lurking on OldMiniBikes for quite some time and liked the atmosphere, so I joined. I still have the MiniBike from my 2nd and 3rd grade school days. School years of 1968/69 and 1969/70.

It's a J.C. Penney "Big Blue". In a collector's world it's nothing special. But in my world it's a very special MiniBike.

I learned how to "wrench" with this MiniBike. I learned other things like what a spark plug does and how extremely HOT an exhaust manifold/muffler can get......... I had the water blister on my leg to prove that one.

I'm just another middle ageing Guy with fond childhood memories of the MiniBike. I joined OldMiniBikes to have fun, learn a lot and have a few laughs.

Thanks for listening/reading. I'll post some pictures later.

Putt-Putt

Putt Putt,,
You will find out you are in GOOD company here at the Old Mini Bike Forum. We do tease each other once in a while. We also understand the longing for childhood fond memories. Each member here was where you are now. We wanted to inject some fun back into our lives through the Honerable Hent, who own's the forum. Hent is fair. He loves minibikes and he knows that most of us support his site, his decisions and most of all he likes it when we send him a few dollars to become supporting member's and participate in mildly opposite conversations and learn to promote the original mini bikes and not the crap produced in China. Baja Doodle Bugs do dominate the most of the threads, however the vast majority of the member's have been around long enough to tell you what you need to do to become, "one of us."

I am happy you kept your mini for a long time, you will be proud to see it soon again, in top notch form.

Welcome and remember, these guys are brutal. They range from 15-55 and are all dare devils on two wheels.

TT Out! :eek:ut:

Last edited:
Welcome to OldMiniBikes . :thumbsup:

You got it all here,,, bikes, tech help, parts help, drama,,, SHIRTS. :doah: .

Have fun and post some pic's if you can.

bandit 40

Welcome Putt-Putt:thumbsup:, like the other gentlemen have described ,there is so much useful knowledge on OldMiniBikes that you are for sure going to enjoy everything you see and encounter hear:smile:,and if you find it to be helpful on the restoration of your J.C. Penney "Big Blue" , like Tacoterminator previously stated you can choose to be a supporting member. Take care and enjoy Mark.................:thumbsup:

Welcome to the best place for your questions answered and if you need parts there is a bunch of good people here willing to help out. unless your name starts with a G and ends with a O then he will give you bad advise.