Search results

1. J

no weight on the front tire?

both haha, just seems like a good idea. im also hoping that the sidecar will make it a little less prone to lifting in the front. im to lazy to extend the rear axle out and add suspension as suggested.
  2. J

THANKS! never even thought of that. im also going to use rubber bushings on the connectors to so the ride isnt to bumpy. My minibike is street only anyways though. thanks for the tip.
  3. J

IDEA!! :thumbsup: A HOMEMADE SIDECAR! i've seen a bunch of others ones and i think i could make a pretty nice quick-detach sidecar. heres a rough draph of my plans. 1- minibike 2- Quick detach pin method 3- third wheel 4- wheel spacer. 5- bolt to hold third wheel
  4. J

Mini bike Side Car

i could see that moving the sidecar wheel a little more forward then the minibike rear wheel would make it a little less likely to tip. Is that the way to do it?
  5. J

Mini bike Side Car

typo?? I think i understand though. I figured that i would put the side car wheel directly inline with the rear wheel. probably 3 feet away (give or take) from the bike. I would also weld 2 or 3 main support attachments that co joins the frames. I just want these supports to be able to detach...
  6. J

"eleminate the ball bearings from haveing the destructive "pre load" that would take place when...

"eleminate the ball bearings from haveing the destructive "pre load" that would take place when the axle nut is pulled up tight. PM me if you wish to talk more about it." I have spacers on the outside of the bearings, to hold them in ofcourse. I should just get more of that strong spacer...
  7. J

Mini bike Side Car

I saw this video on youtube the other day. skip the first useless 30 seconds haha.. I cant seem to get the embed code right... if you cant see the video, just youtube "montgomery ward mini bike with side car" This is the type of side car i want on my minibike. I think i could make an even...
  8. J

Is there some instructional thread on this? Sounds like a simple idea to spread my weight over the rear axle, i'm hoping that the new bearings give me less rolling resistance. I think this idea would add to the rolling resistance.
  9. J

got the better bearings at mfg supply. 4 AZ8205 Precision Ball Bearing, $2.00 $8.00 Sealed, 5/8" ID, 1-3/8" OD w/Snap Ring SUBTOTAL $8.00 SALES TAX $0.00 SHIPPING $6.99 ORDER TOTAL $14.99 the shipping isn't a huge deal, but to a 15 year old hurting on cash, it was an...
  10. J

Which clutch should I use??

to give an idea how my comet took to ship from those guys, it just got in the mail today. which doesnt bother me much now though because my back tire has been popped for awhile and ive been meaning to go out and get a new one anyways. I immediately notice that the comet is of better quality...
  11. J

I think im gonna try to get a hold of two more bike pegs to weld on, and im too lazy to tac the seat brackets back on, i think im just going to use a couple of huge zip ties with black rubber heat shrink over them to strap that ol' minibike foam seat on, so i can bring my gf with me :P sounds...
  12. J

Those hahahahaing bearings have blown out like 2089347920183479 times! any heavy duty cheap bearings haha?? i have no monaye :'(
  13. J

Hey guys, due to the custom seat I have fabricated on my minibike, my weight is almost all on the back tire. The engine is about center in the frame, but the back wheel still gets the tension of the engine and my weight sitting on it. I've noticed the minibike can be lifted into a unstable...
  14. J

are you sure? is it the same engagment and operation wise?? Have you had good experiance with them? I hear that MT rattles, but my current one rattles too so i dont really care.
  15. J

@#$%#$% #@$%#@%$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :censure::censure: "Part # 209760A is on back order with Comet. We have just received notice from Comet Industries, that all of their parts that are on back order will not be available until AT LEAST the end of August, early Sept. I apologize for the...
  16. J

Chain sizes?

:confused: I have what looks to be just a normal bicycle chain. is this number 35#?
  17. J

Thanks, I found the same clutch 20$ cheaper. so based on all the info above, you think this is the right clutch for me? 209760A - Comet CSC 400 Series. 35 Chain. 3/4" Bore, 12 teeth. Also, I dont know what number my chain is. It looks like a normal bicycle chain, and the person who i got...
  18. J

http://store02.prostores . c o m /servlet/motorcycleaccessorywarehouse/the-1191401/Engine/Detail (take out the spaces) sounds like this is the clutch that all of you are recommending. Im going to order if you all think this is the one for me :thumbsup:
  19. J

I do not want to modify the motor. Again, I am only 15, and do not have a whole lot of cash. :sadcrying4: I believe that the engines were made to work a certain way, and Removing the govner doesnt sound safe.
  20. J

I have a stock 6.5hp clone, and I've read in the manual that the max rpm is 3600. I bought a clutch from a swap meet awhile back and put on this thing, and noticed that the clutch is engaging late. I have to give a push on my bike so i dont burn the clutch up and then rev hard to really get...