Search results

1. ccarruth

Wanted... GX160, GX200 Crankshafts...

I'm looking for a couple of crankshafts. I need one, maybe two, good (GX160) usable and ready to run crank and one crank that can be in any condition (160 or 200) as long as the 3/4" shaft (clutch side) is ok! I'm going to assemble a mock-up engine out of some used parts to use for future bike...
  2. ccarruth

Finally... Bonanza find!

I got lucky yesterday. I picked up my first Bonanza and a box full of other parts. In the box was a NOS 2 speed jackshaft and clutch setup. :biggrin: I'll get a some better pics up in a day or two.
  3. ccarruth

Dune Cycle

It's a clean bike. Dune cycle+ Bonanza mini bike I bought the Bonanza but I have no need for the Dune Cycle. Maybe someone here is looking for one. :shrug:
  4. ccarruth

Repowering the Desert Fox?

I'm not too much of a 2 stroke fan and the stock engine (even if I could find the rest of the parts to make it run) would be a little underpowered! While it's not a true mini bike, I do know these bikes are somewhat rare, but I'm thinking about swapping the engine out for a larger 4 stroke. So...
  5. ccarruth

First mod to my Doodle Bug

I made my first, and maybe the most important mod to my Bug today. I moved the $#&%@ kick stand to the correct side of the bike! :hammer: :laugh: Now that that is fixed I can start some real mods. Not sure how far I'm planning on going with it just yet but I'll let you guys know what I come...
  6. ccarruth

1970's Indian ML/MT100's bikes and parts.

I thought I'd share these with everyone just in case anyone is looking for a bike or some parts for one. 1970s Indian Dirtbikes
  7. ccarruth

I did it again! Military Mini

:doah: Well... I had a guy ask me what I wanted for my military themed Baja mini. I haven't really been trying to sell it but I gave him a price.... And now it has a new home! The good news is that I think he's hooked already! I told him about OldMiniBikes so I don't think this is the last I'll see of...
  8. ccarruth

Picked up Rupp #2

I don't need another project bike but when there cheap and within driving distance I'm a sucker for a deal. I found this Rupp on CL and had to have it! Here are a few pics... too many bikes and not enough time. :smile: :doah:
  9. ccarruth

2 DB30's, Columbus, Ga area. $200 for both!

Here's a link. Two Twin 97cc Baja Racer mini bike's
  10. ccarruth

Good deal Memphis TN. area $65

It's in Bartlett, Tn. Here's a link! Mini Bike
  11. ccarruth

Started on my Murray projects.

I've started on the Murray's finally! One of them is going to stay mostly stock for now. The wife has claimed it, so I'm going to paint it later on just in case, but she has surprised both of us so far! The only real mod I made to it was to move the seat 2" forward. If any of you guys ever...
  12. ccarruth

MB165 $125, Memphis Tn.

Here's a link. mini bike 5.5 hp
  13. ccarruth

Todays find, a few more projects!

I went to look at another Murray mini bike today and while I was there the guy told me if I buy it he would through in a few frames to get them out of the way! I'm a sucker for a deal so I bought the Murray and he gave me 3 frames to take with me. #1 is a Texas Ranger mini bike, It's pretty...
  14. ccarruth

Is this a Cat???

I picked up this frame today and I'm pretty sure it's a Cat (I've been wrong before) but I haven't found any pics just like this one. :shrug: The fender mounts are welded front and rear and the forks have a welded circle shaped plate ( like a number plate) in front of the neck/ fork mount. And...
  15. ccarruth

Factory Doodlebug Brakes

I need a complete stock brake setup for my DB30. I know many of you guys have swapped over to hydro brakes so if anyone wants to sell there stock set let me know how much you want shipped to 35661. I may even buy two sets, I like to have a spare for everything. I'm needing the brake lever...
  16. ccarruth

Picked up a Doodlebug today!

Ok, I thought I had my mini bike sickness under control but today I a relapse! I found a Doodlebug on CL over the weekend. So I go today to look at it and before I knew it the bike jumped into my truck! It needs some cosmetic work but it does have an OHH50! I need to find a spot on my to do...
  17. ccarruth

Chopped up my other Baja

While waiting on the last few parts for my MB165 that I'm adding rear suspension to I got bored. And after looking at this bike I noticed the rear part of the frame was bad crooked and the engine plate needed some welding! Some how it turned into a whole new project! :hammer::shrug: So I...
  18. ccarruth

Rear shocks for bigger mini's

After trying 3 sets of shocks I still haven't found any that I'm 100% happy with. I've tried a set off of a Honda 50 (too soft), a pair off of a buddy's go kart (too stiff), and some progressive rate scooter shocks (too stiff). So I was wondering what shocks are you guys using on your bigger...
  19. ccarruth

Baja with Honda CL350 tank?

What do you guys think about this tank on my Baja? The bike is going to be used for trail riding so I want a tank that holds enough gas for long worry free rides. When I first put it on the bike I thought it was too big, but the more I look at it the more I like it. This bike is not going to be...
  20. ccarruth

Fiberglass kart id

Anyone have any idea of what this go kart is? A friend of mine bought it and is having trouble identifying it. It says NU-TREND on a sticker plus a model number 10891 ,,,,,,Valley NE. if that helps any. Flickr: carruth05's Photostream