Search results

1. J

Streached Alex-Reyn With Big Block

That is a great bike with lots of home made parts. Great job.
  2. J

Tangled Up in Christmas

Bad things happen to good minibikes when they are left inside. I convinced my wife, Jen, that my latest project should spend the winter indoors in a place of prominence. When I came home from work, this is what I found. Maybe the caption should read, "Mini Christmas to all and to all a good...
  3. J

Clutches sold at Tractor Supply

Hey Monroe Mike, I am not an expert on clutches, but my experience with BMI has been good. They usually deliver in less than one week. It might be slower this time of year. I am only one county away from you, so it should be the same delivery time.
  4. J

My entirely scratch built minibike

Great work. What kind of brakes did you use?
  5. J

Zipster Build...

Very nice bike. I like the clean lines. How did you keep the frame halves in line? It looks easy when it is done, but I am not so sure it is easy to do.
  6. J

Streached Alex-Reyn With Big Block

Great build Old Salt and good advice. I found a good deal on a Smithy, and I am learning to make parts. It is surprising that these lightly used tools sell for such little money. I learn from you and others on this site. The bike I am working on shows improvement on the home made parts. I...
  7. J

My chopper build

Nice build. I am watching with interest, because I want to build a frame for my next project. I have repaired 2 frames, and now I am goin to make the leap. To do the repairs, I attached the axles to a solid, flat board. This allows me to make a centerline and keep the axles reasonably...
  8. J

metal chop saw.

One thing to consider is the sparks and dust from the saw. I have a Jet band saw that I like to use. I try to use cut-off wheels outside as much as possible.
  9. J

shoe's chopper

Exceptional build. The tires and wheels really go well with the frame. Nice clean old-school look.
  10. J

Manco Big Cat

I'm plenty sorry that my seat did not cooperate, but look at it now. It fits very well, and it is very comfy. The bike has a comfortable riding position with the bars raised up and moved back. I will match the seat colors for the bike, and it should all come together(I hope).
  11. J

Manco Big Cat

The 10hp moves the bike without effort. I went to an 11 tooth gear from an 8 thinking the bigger motor would not need the low gear. Brandt helped me figure the right gear, and I think he was close. I could probably go to a 12 or13, but I want to try it on snow and hills before I get carried...
  12. J

Manco Big Cat

Here are the pictures of the fork repair and the 10hp in the Manco frame. It is still very rough, but at least the seat looks good.
  13. J

First Build

Very nice original design. I really like the floor boards. I notice it is headed toward that big field.
  14. J

Manco Big Cat

I have one of those bikes, and it had a bent fork as well. I made the fork work like a small mini with some plate and tubing. It works good, and it didn't cost much. I also changed the motor to a HM100. It is a tight fit, but it has good power. KBS8Ball made me a great seat for it. I plan...
  15. J

The General Rises again!

I am sure you will get this done in time. Just start with a good seat and build from there. My neighbor has a frame that looks like that, and he would like to know what it is. Can you tell us?
  16. J

unidentified chopper I bought

That looks just like the frame on my chopper. I am told that I also have a Manco. I like the 5.5 idea. That thing must really scoot with that motor.
  17. J

Manco chopper

Hey Kenny, Looks great. I think the seat will look good with the frame painted and the motor in place.
  18. J

mini chopper bike of the month

Hey Josh, Some day I will get me one of them Powells, but for now, the mind is mighty and the wallet is weak. Here are some details. I am told the chopper is a Manco Stars and Stripes. It has a Tecumseh from the early 90's. Probably a 3 1/2 hp. I added a new carb from Rupp Parts and it...
  19. J

My mini bike

That is a clean bike. The steering damper is a nice touch.
  20. J

mini chopper bike of the month

I want to thank oldminibikes.com for making my mini the bike of the month. As I read this site, I see great projects and I am learning. The chopper was my first attempt to build a mini custom. Riding the bike is an experience. Unfortunately I live in the city, so I don't ride it much. I am...