Search results

1. K

HotRod & Mini-Bike Drags-Florida

I picked up some seat belts for the jalopy on Sunday, so even if the mini is not ready, I can still run the '46.
  2. K

TAV2 belt too big?

I don't have the belt with me right now, but I originally didn't have the 5/8" spacer, I made one and put it on... the belt lines up perfectly... I think I need a trip to the NT to get a shorter belt though, if I pinched my belt like that, I'd have 2"
  3. K

TAV2 belt too big?

I just bought an open box TAV2 from Northern... as far as I know, all the parts are there (I compared it to the parts list I downloaded from Comet) but the only thing different is the part # on the belt. I know that the rear pulley widens as the the torque on it goes up, and the front pulley is...
  4. K

HotRod & Mini-Bike Drags-Florida

Billetproof drags I'll be there with my pile of parts...
  5. K

Torq-A-Vertor - How thick is the spacer?

I bought the last open box Comet Torq-A-Vertor left at the Northern Tool in Tampa, and I accidently left the spacer on the display engine when I was determining if all the parts were there (no instruction or parts list either), by mocking it up. It's a TAV2, the one with the thick aluminum...
  6. K

Any HAMBers here?

Project changed directions, it's still going to have a Roth-style fiberglass body, but it's not a trike. Modified Asuza frame, Honda Express (14"x2.25" F) and old Kawasaki 80 (12" x 3" R) wheels, funky 3 bend handlebars off an 70's Honda Chopper, metal flake, Zodiac vinyl and head "pod", 6.5...
  7. K

Is there such a thinng? 12" x 3"-3.5" slick

Something square-shouldered to look as much like a drag slick as possible... I thought trailer tires, but 12 x 4.80 is the narrowest I've found. I have a Kz80 rear wheel for a custom mini made from a Northern+Tool/Asuza frame Anybody got any ideas?
  8. K

Custom bodywork

If you ever watched the show "Unique Whips" you'll see how the one guy made speaker boxes out of fiberglass... He would make a shape for the speaker to sit on, angled usually, then make a shape out of MDF for the base... then he would staple fleece (the stretchy material they make sweat shirts...
  9. K

H-35 Tecumseh carb needed

Glenn, I'd take the guy up in the post above me... Then see if you can find a governor for it... Iv'e had it running, but not for very long, and it took a squirt or two of quick start to get it going. I paid $50 about a year ago on ebay for a bowl type carb for it, not the bulb primer kind... I...
  10. K

where are the mini`s in florida ??

I've been on here for a while... YouTube - Poor Boys BIG Mike on Green Stink But I'm in FL...
  11. K

Tecumseh carb options

I got me one of them carbs, turns out it was the governor cam, so I put the carb on a tiller... not very exciting life for it.
  12. K

Any HAMBers here?

4t64rd on the HAMB, I just traded off my first minibike project (it won't be my last!) for a pair of early SBC. It was called "Green Stink" and there is a video of it on YouTube, just search for "Green Stink" Next one will be a 2 speed mini trike, Roth style.
  13. K

Tecumseh carb options

I have a Tecumseh HH35 in a minibike frame, I don't know what brand (simple, scrub brake, rear of the frame angles forward, flat across the top, no suspension, the only thing unusual is an angle plate with two small holes in it on what would be called the lower triple tree plate, 4" wheels). It...
  14. K

Tecumseh Governer

"Can you re-link the pictures?" said the new guy who wasn't here back in April.