Search results

1. Hodakaguy

End of the summer Alvord Desert Trip - Tons of Fun!

Not a total Minibike ride/review but we did take our two modified DB30's along and my cousin ended up using mine heavily after his bike siezed up on the first day. Here's a copy of my ride report from the trip. Just returned from another great trip to the Alvord Desert, one of my favorite...
  2. Hodakaguy

HD Helmet Cam on my Home Made Foam RC Twin Airplane - Filmed on the Alvord Desert

Just returned from a 5 day camping trip at the Alvord Dry Lake Bed. It was a Blast as Always. This time I took a few RC airplanes along to play with and decided to strap the GoPro HD Helmet Cam onto the Twin. Here's a short video of a flight around camp. Click on 720P to see the best picture...
  3. Hodakaguy

6.5hp Engine/Comet Torq Converter Install. How To/Helpful Hints With Pics!

We finally got around to modding my Doodlebug. For the engine I went with the Harbor Freight 6.5hp unit and a NOS Comet TAV30 Torq Converter for the "transmission". I originally purchased a Comet TAV2 unit with the aluminum backing plate, I fit it up and realized that the bracing cast into...
  4. Hodakaguy

Honda Powered DB30 - towing an airplane!

Had a fly-in at our local airport this am, we are just finishing re-installing the engine on our 1938 Piper Cub and didn't quite have it finished in time for the show. Our plane is based on the other side of the airport so we used the DB30 as a aircraft tug to tow the plane down to the show...
  5. Hodakaguy

Our DB30 Engine Conversion - Hitch Install :-)

My father and I picked this little Baja DB30 Minibike up at GI Joes when they were going out of business. They had them all the way down to $150 new! I couldn't build one for that so we purchased one to play with and bring with us to fly-in events ect. Right after purchase we took it up to...
  6. Hodakaguy

Ok so its not really a "Minibike" - My new Honda XL70

Used to have one as a kid, it didn't look near this nice but my neighbor and I rode the crap out of it for years. When we were kids I sold my friend a mountain bike for $10, he took the bike to church and traded another kid a XL70 for the mountain bike. He brought the XL70 home and we eventually...
  7. Hodakaguy

Tom Thumb Minibike Build - Retro Super Mini

Back in High School I purchased a couple boxes of old Popular Mechanics magazines from the 60’s and 70’s. One of the magazines had a cool article that said “Build This Tom Thumb Minibike”. Ever since I read that article I wanted to build my own Tom Thumb Mini. Well fast forward another 10 years...