Search results

1. W

Usng a Harbor Freight Trailer to tow a minibike

To be honest, I don't know. I know it has a real small deck, like 48-inches long and 40 inches wide. My Dad mounted a car carrier on top of it. I think I've come up with a plan. I have a Mini Baja, which has a tire tread almost 8-inches wide. (thats why I need the trailer...can't fit that...
  2. W

Usng a Harbor Freight Trailer to tow a minibike

Hey all, I just inherited (literally) a small Harbor Freight Trailer. It currently has a wood deck measuring 49" x 40". I want to use it to haul a couple minibikes. Needs to be a cheap conversion. Have any of you done this? How do you mount your bikes on such a small platform? Steve
  3. W

Monthly Club meeting in North Florida

The first post of this thread has a link to our yahoogroups website. The February 20th meeting will be really good and very much worth making the drive. Several of us riding in a pack on an asphalt path that goes for miles and also on a backwoods trail that goes for miles. And a BBQ. And...
  4. W

Pensacola craigs list deals

Hey guys, If you look in the "Events" section of this fine website, you'll see my ads for a minibike club that I started in North Florida. Here's a shortcut: http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/mini-bike-events/41917-monthly-club-meeting-north-florida.html#post292751 We're based in...
  5. W

Hey guys, When a fat bastard like me gets on a minibike, it doesn't take off like a bullet. The black one has a 2 HP engine and the red one has a 3.5 HP. As for swap sales...kind of. We have a yahoogroup that we use for conversations between meetings. We do buy and sell from each other...
  6. W

Bumpity, Bump. If you ever thought of driving to Tallahassee from far, far, away, Sunday, February 20th would be the time to do it. The meeting will include grilling on a pavillion, and then taking our minibikes way down a powerline easement deep into the woods. Probably gonna do a little...
  7. W

HOLY CRAP in Florida

Sorry...it was this one: http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/ebay-craigslist/41914-yeah-baby-qa50.html Still can't believe it was $100. There are deals to be had down here if you look hard enough.
  8. W

HOLY CRAP!! Who has 600 bucks???

You sure it isn't the same bike being flipped?
  9. W

Piling up the leaves would violate our club charter of general laziness.
  10. W

Yeah baby! QA50

Thanks for the feedback guys. From what I've learned, these things came out before the Z50's....the z50's were an improvement, though I did see a sales brochure that showed both bikes on it, so there must have been some overlap. EDIT: Nope...did some research...the QA started in 1970 and...
  11. W

Looking for carb and fenders for a Honda QA50

Is there a part number on that carb? The price is fair and I'll buy it if it'll work. Steve
  12. W

HOLY CRAP in Florida

Hey, get out of my backyard! :) That sold quickly, and I'm local. Wanna see something cool?...check out Valdosta, Ga...$100...all mine now.
  13. W

need help.

I see your problem. You're trying to thread the cable through a yoyo.
  14. W

any swap meets in FL

You guys wanna come up to Tallahassee? Pick a weekend and we'll have a get together. Clubs gonna be active as heck this spring. I wanna do an off-road even up and down miles of sandy powerlines and tie in some really good food somehow. sreecyatcomcastdotnet
  15. W

Hey all, We have a club here in Tallahassee, Florida. If you live in North Florida, or South Georgia, or maybe even Southeast Alabama, you should consider joining us. We meet once a month ('cept the coldest months) and we try to combine food, maybe a little beer (in moderation ??), and...
  16. W

Yeah baby! QA50

Craigslist Find...100 clams.
  17. W

Looking for carb and fenders for a Honda QA50

Hey all, I just picked up a Honda QA50 project bike. I'm looking for a carb for it. Also looking for fenders...ideally white, since it is a 1973 model. Alternately, if you could point me to someone who sells either, I would really appreciate it. Steve
  18. W

$18 TAV2 Clone

So like, $80 for a used unit with both pulleys, back plate and belt is about the fair market? Steve
  19. W

$18 TAV2 Clone

Hey guys, I just returned from a "secret place" here locally, and found a couple of comet TAVs that were mounted on big gokarts that I can buy at a good price. I'm trying to figure out if I should buy them and what they (the TAVs) are worth? I need to fund my minibike restorations. I've...
  20. W

Honda motor on an old school frame?

Now those are way WAY cool! I've got one project bike that I'm just starting on. Now I know how I want it. I'm going to take my time on it and do it right. Those things are truly awesome! Seriously, how fast can they go in high gear? ballpark estimate? Steve