Search results

1. V

mashed up Murray

I have a Murray Track 2 that has had an unfortunate accident. Previous owner ran into something and the top bar (backbone) and down bar is bent back. I tried to use a torch and pry bar/scissor jack to get it back into shape but.... didnt work. What I would like to know is what I would need to...
  2. V

animal question

Has anyone used the clone/honda ring package on a briggs 6.5 intek? specifically the 3 piece oil ring... i checked ring gap and installed on piston, looks good....
  3. V

minidragbike and others....

is there any way to keep the stock clone coil from retarding timing? i run a box stock kart and we are limited to 18 degrees of timing but with a timing light on the engine while running it is very easy to see it retard with rpm. thank you in advance
  4. V

What is it?

just rescued this from certain death.... please help with an id.
  5. V

Minidragbike and others

have you guys experimented with thermal coatings or dry film lubricants on the clone/honda pistons? any benefits? please do tell i am all ears.....
  6. V

Question.. piston to wall clearance

is there a mathimatical way to figure the piston to wall clearance for a clone? or is there a desired clearance?
  7. V

Sears Fun Kart

can you guys give me a clue as to when this might have been produced? my brother just dragged one to my house, it looks like a rupp dart rip off and from what i can tell it is old. it has goodyear treaded tires and a 2.5hp tecumsuh engine on it. i will add pics later
  8. V

clone mikuni from fleabay

has anyone used one of these? they are so cheap and come in a variety of sizes..i have seen from 18mm to 30mm. i guess the concern would be where would you get jets?
  9. V

offset timing keys for intek/animal

can you guys/gals direct me to a vendor that sells offset timing keys for the briggs OHV engines. while i am at it, for a intek 5.5hp on gas...how much timing should i start with? thank you
  10. V

HF clone + Sears Roper = FUN

i am new to posting to this site but i have been lurking for a while. i was into go karts as a youth (i am 37) and got he chance to buy a unnamed mini bike. i jumped on the opportunity (for $60) and worked with the 3.5hp Briggs for as long as my patience would allow. i got it to run but it...
  11. V

can anyone id this mini?

i just bought a twin to this bike and was wondering the manufacturer. and of course will a clone fit? Imageshack - dcp2738fi2.jpg
  12. V

mid 70's briggs engine?

i just purchased a briggs edger style engine and the code is 143 754042 6349B. i would like to know year of manufacture and HP. thank you in advance.
  13. V

new guy from Brandon Florida

how you guys doing? i am definately a fan of briggs and stratton, i have had go-karts and currantly have a couple of older briggs engines.