Search results

1. Chopped50ford

What is it?

I just picked up this mini bike to restore, but I can't find any info on it. It has a wild front foot boards. Definitely older style...I love the seat and all the goodies on it.
  2. Chopped50ford

Clinton Motor ID

Can someone ID this engine for me? HP rating, etc? This thing runs like a champ. It has 3/4" shaft. Thanks.
  3. Chopped50ford

What is it? Sears Trail Master...what year?

What year is this Sears Trail Master...the oddity is the handle bars are 'bolt' on, not part of the fork assembly like the one pictured. :confused: Weirdly, it has a chrome 'sissy' bar or something shoved into the rear of the frame too. I picked it up at the big swap meet at the LA Roadster...
  4. Chopped50ford

Rear Shocks & handle bars

Looking for a few good parts for my vintage Sears mini bike. Im not trying to go exact, I would like parts that will work for this goodie! :scooter: Rear Shocks handle bars handle bar hold down brackets to forks Fenders 3/4" shaft Clutch assembly Carburetor for briggs that I can use...
  5. Chopped50ford

1945 Kraft - Reproduction

I have been lurking the site for a long time. Been in and out, but fould all of the projects and vintage bikes very fascinating. After collecting a few, and my daughter confiscating one for herself to ride, I decided to build one for myself. A little on my background, I have been into...
  6. Chopped50ford

Cat 300x 'Barn Find'

Got lucky today and stumbled on this Cat 300x. Its been sitting in the same spot for probably 15 or more years. this thing had the original sticker on the handle bars, 'mag' wheels, and the chrome side cover for the clutch I brought it home, pulled the carb, cleaned it out, drained the...
  7. Chopped50ford

Custom or Basic Seat Covers

Having trouble getting your seat covered, want something custom? I could help you out. Have it plain, welted, stitch pleated or some cool tuck n roll in one or several colors. Plain, textured even some metalflake and pearl colors to boot! I can do it two ways, send me your seat, I can...
  8. Chopped50ford

More Vintage Briggs - As far back as 1942.

I got to talking with a friend of mine about small engines and he offered to me a few that were in his stash. He's got more and Im thinking of going back and getting them as well. The 2 generators you see are original US Army/Marines issue Jeep radio Generators from WWII. See picture of...
  9. Chopped50ford

Modifying a 3.5 HP Briggs

It appears the 5 hp is popular to modify but what about the 3.5hp engines? What are some things you can do to boost some extra power from these small guys? Can you add a downdraft carb? Mill the head? Cam changes? Rod lengths? Im very curious and I think it would be great for...
  10. Chopped50ford

Running issue

I have a Cat 400 and its got a Briggs 3.5 HP engine. Im not very clever with these motors, but the engine starts up smoothly, but dies under load. I have new gas, good oil and a clean air filter. Any possible suggestions for me to check to get this running good. Thanks!
  11. Chopped50ford

Doodle Bug or Artic Project

Hi, Im looking for a Doodle Bug or Artic Project mini bike. Please email me at Chopped50ford@yahoo.com if you can help. Thanks. I am located in So. Cal.
  12. Chopped50ford

Hello

Hello Im new to the forums and the hobby. I am currently self employed of which I build hot rods and customs. We do all forms of metal work, tubing, custom fabrication, body work, paint and upholstery. I just bought my first mini bike. I believe I was told it's an early 70's Cat. Not...