Cat 300x 'Barn Find'

Got lucky today and stumbled on this Cat 300x. Its been sitting in the same spot for probably 15 or more years. this thing had the original sticker on the handle bars, 'mag' wheels, and the chrome side cover for the clutch

I brought it home, pulled the carb, cleaned it out, drained the tank, made a new gasket, 2 pulls....Vrooom and off I was going! Way cool :)

The seat had seen better days, and looked like it was extended at one time so I took the liberty to make a new seat cover, to resemble the times....Good ol' black with Tuck n Roll!

Need a new seat cover, plain or custom? Click ------>Seat Covers

were are you having them made? i heard you cant cause of the copyright on the sticker:doah:
HAHA!!!!!!! Thats a friggin GREAT ONE :lol: :lol: :lol: What are ya a lawyer now? :lol: Ohhhhhhhh that's all well and possible except Cat hasn't existed in 20 years and WHO the hell is going to throw ya in prison for making a new sticker???? Besides... You're 15.. That's Juvy time.. :doah: Hell, YOU should be the great Sticker Pirate.. Don't get TOO brainwashed.. Good lord they've about taken away the rest of your rights.. Tell em HEY gov... :thefinger::thefinger::thefinger::thefinger:I'm a sticker doubler and I'd like ta see a jury of antique minibike builders convict me. :shifty:

hey i wasnt complaining i couldnt wait for a repo sticker but the guy that was gonna make it said he couldnt cause of copyright

HAHA!!!!!!! Thats a friggin GREAT ONE :lol: :lol: :lol: What are ya a lawyer now? :lol: Ohhhhhhhh that's all well and possible except Cat hasn't existed in 20 years and WHO the hell is going to throw ya in prison for making a new sticker???? Besides... You're 15.. That's Juvy time.. :doah: Hell, YOU should be the great Sticker Pirate.. Don't get TOO brainwashed.. Good lord they've about taken away the rest of your rights.. Tell em HEY gov... :thefinger::thefinger::thefinger::thefinger:I'm a sticker doubler and I'd like ta see a jury of antique minibike builders convict me. :shifty:
hey restore dont jump on him too hard . I TOLD HIM THAT i have a pic of the sticker i sent to the print shop and i got told they would love to print it but there is a copy wright on the dam thing .they are looking in to it . i havent heard as of yet if they will be able to print them or not . as for going to jail i dont think they would do that but if there is a copy wright they will sue your ass .

Last edited:
im sure there not going to notice 3 or 4 stickers being made though now like jmbmini said if you try to open a ebay store and mas produce them then you will get in some trouble

I have a friend that does custom vinyl and custom stickers. He has already done a few for me. Copyrights are no issue where I'm going. I just need a good example.

hey restore dont jump on him too hard . I TOLD HIM THAT i have a pic of the sticker i sent to the print shop and i got told they would love to print it but there is a copy wright on the dam thing .they are looking in to it . i havent heard as of yet if they will be able to print them or not . as for going to jail i dont think they would do that but if there is a copy wright they will sue your ass .
HAHAHAHA!!!! :lol: :lol: I wasn't pickin on the kid... I was trying to show him not EVERY one of these Zeitgeist laws they have out there are in the best interest of every American is all.. Dodge is one of m favorite dingdongs on here. :doah: I figured he'd :shifty: too.... I'm never hacking on people on here... If ya take something I say that way, you misunderstood.. I was being a smartass.. :lol: Don't let the man keep ya down.. :thumbsup: Make ya a beautifil new sticker, slap that baby on there and see how long it takes the C.I.A to track you down...... I'll bet it NEVER happens... Aint nobody cares if a 15 year old kid puts forth a positive effort into restoring something of value by a company 25 years erased from the planet.. You CAN'T buy one from the guys that copyrighted it.... If I get on your jury.. You are not guilty until people start starving to death in the courtroom.. Hung :hang: Jury at WORST!! Then you walk free anyways.. You won't go to jail for making a sticker. I won't tattle on ya... :wink:

Restore Kid i was thinking you were just messing with him .but the stupid copy wright is enough to stop the shop form doing a run of them for me . but i cant say i blame them if some how it did get known that they were printing them it would be there ass . as who ever has the copy wright will do the THEY STOLE MY MONEY :sadcrying4::sadcrying4::sadcrying4::sadcrying4: and all that crap . it sucks if i had the gear i would just make the dam things but i dont have the gear , so i must play by there rules ...... for now at least :devil2::devil2:

minibikin' pm me i have a copy of the photo .... or 71dodge has the one i sent him that i rebuilt off a pic.