Search results

1. crazy4flatheads

4hp head on 5hp briggs?

does a 4hp head make a difference on a 5hp bock? ive herd ppl say it increases compression, but then again ive herd ppl say that it causes a loss in air flow:shrug:. whats ya'lls opinion? is it worth my time? let me know thanks!
  2. crazy4flatheads

tach

whats an easy and cheap way to hook up a tach to a 5hp briggs without the lighting coil would any small engine or lawn mower shop carry a tach thats cheap and afective? thanks.
  3. crazy4flatheads

rings?

i got a 5hp briggs and when i start it cold it blows grey smoke for a good 5 minutes or more once it gets to operating temp it quits for the most part everyonce in awile youl get a puff of smoke. this sounds like rings to me what do you think?
  4. crazy4flatheads

tecumseh engine

looking for a tecumseh hssk50 for my uncles snowthrower hes got a bad engine block i can move the crank up and down on the flywheel side about a quarter inch each way. any help is much appreciated thanks! austin,
  5. crazy4flatheads

fuel pump

... whats the best way to hook up a diaphram fuel pump to a 5 horse briggs should i use the crank case breather on the valve cover? if so do they sell valve covers that already have the fitting on them for the vacum hose? let me know thanks! austin,
  6. crazy4flatheads

tecumseh spec numbers

hey in a biggs guy who broke down and bought a tecumseh and im havnt alittle bit of problems finding so numbers can anyone tell me where there located? thanks alot!
  7. crazy4flatheads

junkyard find

i think its a rupp but what model?
  8. crazy4flatheads

tourqe specs

hey everyone im putting a new rod in my uncles snowthrower it has a 5hp tecumseh the model number starts out hssk50 and i was just hoping someone could help me find out the tourqe specs for the conecting rod and the head bolts thanks for the help let me know
  9. crazy4flatheads

flathead 5hp tecumseh conecting rod

hey every one i need a conecting rod for a 5hp tecumseh flat head it dont matter if is stock or not. my uncles snowthrower is knocking like crazy he got it hot a couple days ago because i guess he dosnt know how to check the old the valve cover gasket was leaking and when we pulled the oil...
  10. crazy4flatheads

tecumseh engine question

do all flat head tecumseh engines have the intake port on the pto side and the exhast port on the flywheel side? i have an engine sitting here it doesnt have the pull start on it so it dont have the fan cover and id love to id the engine. im pretty sure that its a briggs but in order for me...
  11. crazy4flatheads

cat parts

looking for rear fender and seat for a cat x3 slingshot please have pictures
  12. crazy4flatheads

trail fx front end

the front end came off of this same bike i was told its a fox trail fx it has no front brakes im located in ohio 30 minutes north of youngstown id like to get 30 or 40 bucks out of the front end if i can. its just taking up space here if your close enough i can deliver if you pay for...
  13. crazy4flatheads

what is this bike?

what is it? this is what my front end is from is that a fox street scamp?
  14. crazy4flatheads

Fox Street Scamp front end with out front brake

i have a spare front end sitting here for a fow street scamp without the front brakes it has surface rust but can be cleaned up also need hand grips looks like a dog or somthing chewed on one ill get a better picture on here in a bit some one make me a decent offer and we will work somthing out...
  15. crazy4flatheads

my new cat

here it is my new project on the plate is says 'the cat' 'x3' 'slingshot' this is the first x3 ive seen. ive seen the x350 slingshot online but not an x3 can anyone tell me the difference or help me find some info on this model id like to keep the frame as close to original as i can thanks for...
  16. crazy4flatheads

briggs id number

i have a smaller briggs engine sitting here its a old points engine it turns over has compression but when i got it it dint have the fan duct so idk the model number id like to know what size it is so i no what pullstart to pull of at the junk yard this weekend here and id number 2659335 on...
  17. crazy4flatheads

i need help! what are they from?

hey just picked up a cat the other day and these came with it, and i cant pass up free parts soo can anyone tell me what there off of?
  18. crazy4flatheads

my new minibike

i just bought this smae bike off my neighbor but mines only a rolling chassy everything is there except engine,chain,and cables. the brake is operational wheels spin freely frame is solid needs a fresh coat of paint can anyone tell me what this might be worth im not really interested in selling...
  19. crazy4flatheads

arc conecting rod

is this a good rod to get for a mild bulid? also is it the stock leghth for a 5hp briggs?
  20. crazy4flatheads

briggs advice

i have few briggs engine sitting here and one of with is model 130292 type 0159-03 code 7010097 im wondering whats the difference between plain bearings and sleeve bearings? this is my first engine with plain bearings im wondering if its better or worse then sleeves. also what dose the auxiliary...