Search results

1. S

been awhile kinda hooked on go karts

i haven't posted in a while been working on vintage karts lately kinda takes up all my time . while i still have my go kart cycle i have been learning about tuning McCulloch kart engines i will be attending a vintage kart meet in Tacoma Washington at the end of the month (spanaway ) to run...
  2. S

3 go kart cycles 2013

this is an old photo from a vintage kart meet in medford oregon with scooterboy,bayareabarito,slingshotcox three Go Kart MFG relatives meeting again
  3. S

its been a while Go Kart Cycle

howdy i havnt posted in a while here is a while here is my 1960 go kart cycle not sure how big this file is but here gose
  4. S

looking for goodyear Diamond tread 3.00 x 3.00 - 5 tire

howdy folks its been a long time i am looking for a front tire for my Go kart cycle its a goodyear diamond tread 3.00 x 3.00 -5 any usable condition would be great help or links to the puzzle
  5. S

need 4 ruining mini bikes to rent will pay 500$ for 1 nite

howdy folks the band the mummies are headlining the BURGERBOOGALOO in Oakland California july 4th and need 4 running minibikes for there performance they are offering 500 bucks for 1 day rent and tickets to the event i am letting them use my 1960 go kart cycle big bear scrambler for there...
  6. S

the mummies need 4 running mini bikes for the burger boogaloo in oakland ca july 4 2

hi folks i haven't posted in a in some time i have been sidetracked (vintage kartng)anyway the budget rock band THE MUMMIES is headlining a show called the BURGER BOOGALOO in oakland california and are in need of 4 running mini bikes for there performance on july 4-5 2015 its an outdoor event...
  7. S

west bend 510/580/700 muffeler

hey guys summer is here i was running around the block on the go kart cycle and the neighbors were giving me heck i am running a west bend 510 open exhaust small stack do the box mufflers bring the decibel level down how much is too much
  8. S

i am hooked on vintage karts now

hey guys after attending my first vintage go kart meet last summer at mccminville Oregon and attending the medford kart meet hanging out with OldMiniBikes members i started building a kart motor project mc 10 and now looking for a vintage kart looking forward to next year and a winter project
  9. S

Westbend for the big bear scrambler

in October i got a Lancaster chain saw on e bay 400 model super (west bend 510) and attacked my mini bike removing the McCullough 49 that was on the mini bike since 1991 with great help from OldMiniBikes folks bay area burrito and scooter boy opened my eyes to a lot of things i was not aware of...
  10. S

west bend 580 engine mount go kart cycle help

i just picked up a west bend engine for my go kart cycle i was wondering if any body has a picture of engine mount location going from McCullough mc 49 to west bend 510 from a Lancaster chain saw model 400 i have a few ads from old kart mags but the engine is in the way model big bear...
  11. S

Mini bikes on album covers, or 45s

Hey you guys, has anybody out there had a mini bike on an album cover? front or back? Some friends of mine were in the band the mummies in the late 80's asked me if I had a mini bike, aka the hog.
  12. S

gokart greenhorn question

hey guys was the greenhorn with a Clinton a left hand pull or a right hand pull ?
  13. S

Italian scrambler article

14. S

go kart big bear scrambler questions

hey guys its been a long time since last visit i have a few questions 1st where are the id numbers serial numbers located on a go kart big bear scrambler? i cant find any thing on mine and also mine has a motor mount that a MCcolloch fits right on came from original owner he said 1960...
  15. S

2 stroke MCculloch mini

hey guys any of you running a 2 stroke on you're mini i am running a mc 49 and not sure what mix to run the original manual says 20 to 1 sae 40 2cycle i have run blendzal before hard starts and fouled plugs am i running the wrong mix also can you run synthetic oil like redline on the...
  16. S

big bear scrambler info wanted

hey guys this is my first post . i have a question when did they (go kart mfg co ) start calling the go kart cycle a big bear scrambler ? i have one and not sure witch one it is i bought it from original owner in early 90s he said he got it in 1960 from the manufacture . can...
  17. S

slingshotcox first visit

hi gang my name is steve cox i love minibikes all of um i have a big bear scrambler/ go kart cycle (pictures soonn mac 49 powered purchased from origanal owner in 91 was told it was prototypy (mac engine mount) he bought it from factory 1960 love to chat about vintage slotcars,ratfink,60s...