Search results

1. IronHorseman

Please help ID this ARCO

Hi Guys, I`m back. My career change forced me to put my hobbies on the back burner for a while but now I`m back to shooting, reloading and thinking about restoring an ARCO. I`ve given up on finding anm EZ-Rider 1 but I picked this up a little over a year ago. It has telescopic forks and the...
  2. IronHorseman

I`m back

Sorry I`ve been gone so long guys. I`ve been battling some serious health issues ( I had kidney stents removed today ) and changed carrears since my list post. I`ve left my factory job and returned to my first love motorcycles. If your ever in the Evansville Indiana area stop by and say Hi @...
  3. IronHorseman

1967 Allstate Compact

This belongs to my friend Geoff. His uncle bought it new in 1967 and later gave it to Geoff. He has the title,certificate of origin , owners manual and tool kit. 35yrs ago Geoff parked it in his parents garage. This week he decided to resurect it.
  4. IronHorseman

Double Score

A guy at work is givine me a tecumseh powered mini that was headed for the scrap yard! And he is also giving me a Bennelli 65cc engine and possible the rest of the bike. The Bennelli was a roller and his son took it apart, idf the chassis is still on the scrap pile I get it too!!!! I`ll post...
  5. IronHorseman

Possibilities

I just got an email from a guy that it giving me the running 5 horse Briggs that he took off his rototiller. He said it was " Popping like a sticking valve oy bad diaphram " so he replaced the whole engine. Now just to decide what to do with it.
  6. IronHorseman

Military themed Manco 250

Well guys after months of thinking it over I`ve decided to go ahead and restor my Manco 250 in a military theme. I really want an Arco EZ Rider 1 but that has to wait until we close on our dream house next year. So the Maco give me a project to tinker with on a shoestring budget. I`m going to...
  7. IronHorseman

Rupp in SW Indiana

A friend sent me this Crag`s List ad, I love Rupps but the timing is wrong for me. 1960's rupp roadster
  8. IronHorseman

Check out what I picked up yesterday

I also saw an original Briggs & Straton lighted dealer sign that came out of Colb Cycle Sales at Princeton In.
  9. IronHorseman

HS 30 puttering away

The HS 30 that I picked up back in march with dreams of locating my old Arco is puttering away out in the garage. It looks like it`s going to end up in a military themed Manco.
  10. IronHorseman

Wanted: Forks for Manco 250?

I`m looking for forks for this project.
  11. IronHorseman

Electric Doodlebug???

I was at Rural King yesterday and as I was leaving I saw what looked like a DB30 but it had a battery pack and electric motor. It was made by Sergenti Motorsports.
  12. IronHorseman

Wish me luck

Today I expanded the search for my old Arco. I joined a Facebook group for the town I lived in when I had it. Hopefully someone will know where it went.
  13. IronHorseman

Free!!!!

Well I`ve decided to get rid of the temptation to stretch it and dump money into it. I`m going to stick to bikes and guns.
  14. IronHorseman

H40,H50 bore x stroke

Does anyone know the bore and stroke of thses engines so I can ID this one?
  15. IronHorseman

Lime Limo

I picked this up today. I think there is still life in this old Techumseh, which was all I wanted but I had to take the go-kart to get it.
  16. IronHorseman

Just clowning around

Imagine the possibilities with a little ( lot ) of strecting!
  17. IronHorseman

What will it be?

OK I`m a little excited, after days of phone tag I just got off the phone with a guy selling an unkown rolling chassis. His buddy found it in a house that was going to be torn down. I`m going to lokk at it tomorrow. The asking price is $35. So be watching for pics.
  18. IronHorseman

Engine ID help

I drove to Bloomington yesterday to pick up what I was told was a HS40. When I got there the first thing I noticed was the intake was on the right and exhaust on the left like an HS30. I haven`t messed with these things since the early 80`s and one thing I noticed was the ID numbers are on the...
  19. IronHorseman

Another what was it?

OK this was my dad`s the pic was taken in 1968. Any ideas what it was?
  20. IronHorseman

The search is on!

I just printed up some " WANTED" poster of my old Arco. I`m going to send them to my dad to post around the area where it was last seen. Wish me luck guys. BTW it looks like I scored a HS40 today.