Search results

1. K

Aircraft tires, dual disc brakes, belt clutch transmission; not a Cushman

Yup, same tank all right, which moves it more toward homebuilt. A competitor wouldn't use Cushman's own tank; more likely this is one man's custom version of how Cushmans should be. Looks like the frame was engineered around the aircraft balloon tires. Engine is a low HP rated 50's design...
  2. K

Aircraft tires, dual disc brakes, belt clutch transmission; not a Cushman

Hi! - Old Minibike members once helped me track down an old odd machine - turned out it was a plan/kit bike whose construction had me baffled. Some parts were very professional, while others were made with pliers and conduit. Thanks again for that one. This one, however, I present as a...
  3. K

Fox? Rupp? Clone? Earles Fork?!

Wow! Thought this was the right place... I don't suppose you could decode the production number for me...and what was the original salesmans middle name? Seriously, Thanks for the swift and complete answer to my question. It makes the difference between protecting it from kids, or making it...
  4. K

Fox? Rupp? Clone? Earles Fork?!

Bought this off Craigslist today, because I could see it had all the cool features I didn't have the money for in the sixties. Some kids had this type, with wire wheels, suspension, lights, and so on; The kind I rode had a motor, wheels, a chain, and, uh,...that's about all. I thought this might...
  5. K

Hi, And Thanks for Doing This!

I'm Dan from Colorado, a lifelong victim of Gearheads Syndrome. As many of you already know, that's an incurable condition; it's sites like this that keep it manageable. In my youth (1960's) I built a string of McCulloch powered mini bikes, partly for thrills, and partly to silence the rich kid...