Fox? Rupp? Clone? Earles Fork?!

Bought this off Craigslist today, because I could see it had all the cool features I didn't have the money for in the sixties. Some kids had this type, with wire wheels, suspension, lights, and so on; The kind I rode had a motor, wheels, a chain, and, uh,...that's about all. I thought this might be a Rupp, by the size and luxury options, but after enjoying several hours surfing the OldMiniBikes site (Thanks, guys, what a trip!), I'm still in the dark. It's clearly too old to be a retro clone, what with the 3X10 Carlisles and Comet variable drive, but the only sticker I can find doesn't name the manufacturer. Said sticker is on the top triple plate, and says model 361-250-026, serial 0003224. The 5HP Tecumseh looks original to the bike. Other than the unusual fork, I would say that the stamped swing arm is pretty distinctive too. Any Help? Thanks! Dan Larson

Wow! Thought this was the right place...

I don't suppose you could decode the production number for me...and what was the original salesmans middle name? Seriously, Thanks for the swift and complete answer to my question. It makes the difference between protecting it from kids, or making it safe and turning them loose. They're gonna love it. Regards, Dan

mybiz

I wish If anyone could decode the numbers they would be a wanted person. There is someone out there but its no me.:shrug: