Search results

1. R

Need help (1965? Honda 49cc)

Okay I have the piston rings and new gaskets in and it still wont fire. I'm beginning to get a bit discouraged. Roughly how much do you think it would cost to just give it to a shop?
  2. R

wow! rings and gaskets were in my mailbox this morning. whats the proper way to put on rings? I dont want to break them!
  3. R

Well I mean do I need to remove the casing? The screws wont budge after sitting outside for 5 years and are just stripping on me. I'm not too keen on these kind of electrical systems. If I recall correctly, the killswitch never worked the last time we rode it. We always choked it to kill it, so...
  4. R

Tommie thanks for the links, I couldnt find gaskets anywhere. I just ordered a new set. resto, how would i gain access to the points?
  5. R

yes please
  6. R

Okay guys, I've got piston rings coming in, I also need new gaskets. Question 1: The valves: how far should I tighten the first nut that holds the rocker arm? Right now I've got it a hair past to where it makes contact, but isnt pushing on the spring. Question 2: The coil: I'm pretty sure...
  7. R

Thanks, I got it out and there was carbon holding it open. I just cleaned it all out and im letting the valves sit in mineral spirits. All I need now is the piston rings (ugh I wish I didnt break one, or else I could have this thing running) to come in.
  8. R

Well I took it apart. Looks to be a stuck valve. Anyone know how to remove it? I can't see very clearly but it looks like some kind of snap-ring? While taking it apart, I also accidentally broke one of the piston rings too :(
  9. R

Hey guys. New member here. I'm a student @ FSU and I'm really not enjoying the mileage my F-150 gets around town. I need help getting old betsy here running. The last time I rode it, was maybe 6-7 years ago. Its been sitting in a garage ever since. No compression, and all I know about it is its...