Search results

1. gsxrbrad78

AZUSA Mini Project

Well, I got some good news!!! Just clocked the mini at a blazing 34 mph today :scooter:
  2. gsxrbrad78

AZUSA Mini Project

That's a pimp little ride you have there!! I dig the whole army theme. It's pretty cool. As for my front suspension, I'm still redesigning the whole deal. I plan to redo the fork and make it into a dual purpose piece. I plan on forming a front fender out of steel with the lower shock mount...
  3. gsxrbrad78

AZUSA Mini Project

Woo Hoo :laugh:, I got it fixed!!! and this thing scoots good!! So far I only got it up to 25 or 26 mph but, it gets there sooo much faster.... You actually haft to hold on with 2 hands, lol... This is great!!:scooter:
  4. gsxrbrad78

AZUSA Mini Project

And I've seriously considered doing just that but, what do I do about the valve plate in the carburetor that the governor linkage is attached to? Will it just open and shut with the throttle or does it operate on its own? I haven't had any luck in adjusting the gov thus far.
  5. gsxrbrad78

AZUSA Mini Project

And here's a new trunk so I can haul my goods with me :drinkup: I'm thinking I should paint it black........
  6. gsxrbrad78

AZUSA Mini Project

The engine pulls strong all the way up to 20 mph and then the governor kicks in. I can feel the engine surging when it gets there. Do you think I oughta re-calibrate the gov? Maybe its set to a lower rpm than it should be?....
  7. gsxrbrad78

AZUSA Mini Project

Okay so, I'll just leave the governor alone for now. How about switching the rear sprocket for a 60T.... That'll give me 5 or 10 mph on the top end.... Hopefully, lol....:scooter:
  8. gsxrbrad78

AZUSA Mini Project

My new design is still inline but, I'm going to make them both from one piece of 3/16" thick flat bar. The cool part is that it'll wrap around the circumference of the tire. With that I'm hoping it'll better isolate the front wheel and keep it from wanting to wonder all over the place. :thumbsup:
  9. gsxrbrad78

AZUSA Mini Project

What's the formula for calculating the ratio? It's got a 12t front 72t rear and a 15 inch tire. How can I get the ratio using these numbers?
  10. gsxrbrad78

AZUSA Mini Project

Yeah, I fixed that part.... the carb needed adjusting......but it gets to 20 and the gov kicks in...
  11. gsxrbrad78

AZUSA Mini Project

See, that's what I thought... I was kinda expecting at least 25 or 30...... but, I can't seem to even come close..... the front sprocket is a 12T and the rear is a 72T..... and to be honest, this things dead slow from a stand still..... if I give it a couple of helping kicks it'll go but, if not...
  12. gsxrbrad78

AZUSA Mini Project

Carburetor setting?
  13. gsxrbrad78

AZUSA Mini Project

Thanks Yellow Hand.... I think the fork looks pretty good too.... It's the pivot links that are causing all the slop..... I have a new design that I'm working on that should help make things a little more rigid..... I'll add pictures as I start working on it... And thanks for the heads up...
  14. gsxrbrad78

AZUSA Mini Project

Here's some pics .....
  15. gsxrbrad78

AZUSA Mini Project

Well, I did some more test runs tonight and decided that the pivot plates for the springer need to be a little more precise or maybe a better design so.... its been removed for the moment.... still having trouble trying to get this thing to go faster. Adding spring tension to the governor only...
  16. gsxrbrad78

AZUSA Mini Project

So after I got it all together and took it for a test spin, all I could get was 20 mph. I really thought it was gona be faster but, according to the GPS, 20 mph on a slight down hill run ( I live in FL ) was the best I was gona get. I added another spring to the governor to see if it would turn...
  17. gsxrbrad78

AZUSA Mini Project

It's gona be a neighborhood scootin beast so, it's all on road. And to be honest, the 20" diameter of the 10" wheels is too big. I've only got clearance for the 15" tires that're on there now. So, they'll probably stay until I can shrink the gas tank and make more room. Anyhow, here's some...
  18. gsxrbrad78

AZUSA Mini Project

Yeah, I guess I wasn't real clear in my explanation to 125ccCrazy... What you called a "Fork" is actually the suspension linkage that spans between the axle pivot plates that are not shown and the upper shock mount, also not shown in that picture. Since none of the parts have been welded yet, it...
  19. gsxrbrad78

AZUSA Mini Project

Here's a couple new shots with the pegs and grips.....
  20. gsxrbrad78

AZUSA Mini Project

Yes sir, the rims are 8 inchers..... I wanted bigger ones but...... that just didn't happen... Maybe I'll change them out later.