Search results

1. R

quick Rupp wheel bearing ?

My 10" spoked Rupp wheels came without bearings or hardware. I got new bearings from Blackwidow that have a groove for a circlip [I think] but no clips came with the bearings. Can I just cut a spacer to go through the rim and keep the bearings from going inside the rim? and if I do use a...
  2. R

Arctic Cat custom build

After having my frame so quickly ID'd by Simple Tom and the Restore Kid,I have decided to build my first custom mini around it. 1st step was to strip off the cruddy paint it had been bathed in at some point in the last 40 years. Just a little light rust and a bit of corrosion where I assume the...
  3. R

before I start hacking on it

any ideas? I looked through lots of the photo galleries,but with gas tanks and all,it's hard to tell. It does [did] have a rudimentary swingarm and shocks if that helps.. Thanks again, Steve
  4. R

gotta start somewhere

on my vision of a "custom" mini, so,I started at the beginning. Take one lightly used swingarm from my 04 Triumph Bonneville parts pile.. Uploaded with ImageShack.us a little sawzall,grinder and wirefeed.. Uploaded with ImageShack.us and you get a fully caged needle bearing head...
  5. R

When

does a mini bike cease to be a mini bike? As I started to assemble my new Azusa 10" wheeled kit yesterday,and seeing the basic simplicity of the build components,my mind started to wander into fast forward,as it often does when I see customization possibilities.Does a mini bike only keep that...
  6. R

?

I picked up an old bike off of CL and was told by the seller that it was a vintage Baja. The new photobucket format has me baffled,so a simple pic is a ways off.Is there a simple identifying feature that would give me a clue as to weather I can chop this thing up,or leave it alone? It has a...
  7. R

another new old guy

My name is Steve,from Tacoma Wa. Haven't had a minibike in 45 years,until this week. Been modifying an 04 Triumph Bonneville [wrecking per most observers] for the past 6 years. Stripped,lightened,extended swingarm,monoshock rear suspension,mags,custom 2into1 pipes,re routed oil cooling...