Search results

1. O

5 hp 100 series starter shroud

I need a shroud for a 5 hp 100202 series BS engine. The 100 series has a 4 inch starter pully. I only need the shroud itself in great condition as I my metal working skills are in the line of opening beer cans only. A 130292 series will not work and can be identified as it has a 5½...
  2. O

recognize this wheel?

Hi Sorry about the multi posts, it did not show up on any of my computers for several hours, Thanks for removing the others:thumbsup: J
  3. O

recognize this wheel?

Friend of mine bought a Bonanza frame (shocks and swing arm included) and this is the rear wheel that he got with it (was not mouinted), front is pretty much same rim style of course no sprocket or brake drum. Not Bonanza I ever saw and the bearings are for a metric axel (about 0.46 inch ID). I...
  4. O

painting and decals

I have been experimenting with dif. paints and have had little luck in finding a spray can paint that can withstand gas! I have tried both Duplicolor high heat paint from O’Reilly and Rustolum engine paint from Lowes and found that when I painted my totally stripped and cleaned up engines the...
  5. O

New Briggs 3.5 horse flathead

Got a name for the business owner, I can have it shipped to one of my sons in Reno if he feels more comfortable about it, no problem. Calif emmissions apply to engines sold as NEW only, if it has been run it is used and does not count, If you remove the gas cap or spark plug it is non running...
  6. O

wanted 3-3.5 hp Briggs engine

yep thats my ad and I hit all the citys within 200 miles of SF bay area on CL looking for an engine. Takes about an hour every evening. Briggs, lawnmowers, snow blowers log splitters etc. btw if it is a trimmer engine such as a MTD or Yard Machine etc it will have a 1.5 inch shaft.. I been...
  7. O

New baja db30 please help!!!

ha ha ha you got Harbor Freight in Modesto?? for kingkoopa That rattling is probably a loose chain hitting something, suggest you check chain before you throw it, btw that mini will hit about 20mph + if your like 100lbs or less wet. Remember that 2.8 hp Chicom is about 2hp US Briggs...
  8. O

Where can I buy a Baja DB30 ?

db30 is out of production it was replaced by the db30rr (has a kicked up back frame and seat). the green and yellow DB30 is also out of production, actually they are the exact same db30 just a diff color. Try Lowes or HD for spray paint and make anycolor you want. Stock DB30 is Automotive red...
  9. O

Baja Db30 How much would it sell for ?

supply and demand, hit craigslist and look at what they ask for, remember asking and selling are two different things.
  10. O

Painting the plastic fenders ?

I tried one from Lowes by I think Rustolum some time ago on a motorcyle fender and it actually worked just fine, flexed ok and did not crack or peel. I am thinking of doing one of my DB30 fenders with it just to see how it works on THAT kind of plastic. Not all plastics are the same material...
  11. O

How much of a power gain can I expect?

I couldn't say either but I did one of mine in stages and went back a step a few times, trying different combinations just to see the bolt on difference. A simple change to the freeflowing air filter does make the biggest difference in power however it comes on pretty quick and not all that...
  12. O

New Briggs 3.5 horse flathead

If this is still good get back to me as it is what I am looking for. I am doing a retro project on a Blitz and it would be perfect for it. Thanks for updating this.
  13. O

Mustang Motorcycle

Saw one at the Oakland Roadster show a few back adking price was like $9K, same owner had several Cushmans, some dating back to the late 40s and early 50s including 2 Roadkings and two Eagles (diff engines) along with several Mini bikes and a real Doodlebug.
  14. O

wanted 3-3.5 hp Briggs engine

Still looking for a Briggs 3-3.5 hp engine in the SF bay area with a 3/4 inch X 2 5/16 PTO complete and in good condition (that means running), at a reasonable price ($50) or less, missed the NEW one on Ebay that went for about $75. Is this a hard engine to find now or what?? I know they still...
  15. O

Few questions about my old 5hp motor

go for a toggle switch rather then a pushbutton. Reason is if you want to stop the engine and you have a pushbutton you have to hold that button till the engine comes to a complete stop, release it for even a second and it keeps on running. Toggle is dead sure to turn of the engine for keeps...
  16. O

help me give an old 2hp briggs a second life

sorry the link for the video is: Video: History of Lawn Mower Engine Starters | eHow.com
  17. O

help me give an old 2hp briggs a second life

Piece of cake, takes about 5 min to get the spring in and 10 to get the %^#$*@ rope attached and the correct length. 2 videos run watch both. Rope should NEVER pull to the end of the spring.
  18. O

Kohler command 6.5

Nice! they use a trusted name as if there own and make a piece of $(#&$ and you buy it thinking its a genuine Kohler, idiot thing is it's giveaway, it looks like a Honda. Bad is you cannot sue a Chi company for using a copyrighted name etc as it causes "Bad Relations" besides, they do not...
  19. O

Crankshaft Extension for a 3HP??

Your right that extension will not work for me. Oh well it was a thought. After looking at the shaft and how the extension I was thinking about adding would attach it was clear to me that it would not work as planed. I haven't found any clutch mfg that makes a reasonably priced clutch with a...
  20. O

Briggs and Stratton model:80302-4015-01 Carb Help

Maybe you can help me a little. If your engine has a 2 5/16 inch X 3/4 inch PTO can you give me your complete engine number (all 3 sets of digits) I have possibly the same engine but the PTO on mine is only 1 5/16 inch long and that is too short for me to mount a outboard clutch assy. I figure...