Search results

1. D

What's so great about Honda Mini Trails?

There are lots of them out there yet people are paying crazy $$ for them. I just don't get it. They look underpowered and oversized to me. Can someone tell me what the fuss is all about?
  2. D

Best "clone" engine? (not for power, for quality)

I know a lot of you are picking up the greyhound 6.5 at harbor frieght cause it's cheap and powerful, but I have a question. Let's say you are most interested in smoothness and quietness? How does the Greyhound stack up with Techumseh, Briggs and Honda engines, among others in this regard...
  3. D

old vs new

Can't expect more than that, lol.
  4. D

Most Popular Collector Mini Bikes

I'm looking to pick up another Minibike so I can ride with my son while he's on his Doodlebug. Having owned a minibike in the late 70's (a Scat Cat I believe it was), I am looking to pick up a vintage one for myself. With so many choices, I'm looking for some direction on a list of the most...
  5. D

Serengeti Badger 100 - What's the deal?

OK, from some research, it seems these Serengeti Badger 100's went on sale at a few places last year (sears, BJ's, Northern Tool, etc) and then suddenly disappeared. Does anyone here own one? How do they compare to the DB30 as far as size and feel? Does anyone know if they are still available...
  6. D

Foot brake?

By any chance, does anyone sell a foot brake kit for the doodlebug? I'm talking about a foot operated pedal assembly that would move a metal flap against the rear tire. I just miss that setup from my old 70's minibike. Braking with this setup wasn't great (especially when the tire got wet), but...
  7. D

Doodlebugs vs older minibikes

Just bought a doodlebug for my son and it's great. When I was a kid in the 1970s I had a Scat Cat minibike, very much the same look and size of a doodlebug. Now I am looking to buy another minibike for myself so I am wondering what the pros/cons are to buying an older minibike vs the doodlebug...
  8. D

My dream machine

Is the 6.5 engine any smoother? I know top speed improves a lot, but how about off-line power and climbing hills? Any issues with weight distribution (harder to balance?) or the engine protruding out and being in the way of your leg? Just curious before I take the plunge.
  9. D

new style db

Just got one myself. I've read that the engine can run better at half choke and (believe it or not) half fuel cutoff (it seems the valve is not necessarily fully open when you open the switch). Fiddle with those and make sure the thing is fully warmed up (5 min)
  10. D

Any way to get more offline power, less speed?

Thanks guys, I just ordered the parts
  11. D

Any way to get more offline power, less speed?

Have a stock doodlebug 97cc for my son, he's still young so I don't want to upgrade the motor to 6.5 yet (he's only 7, I think that would be too much for him). So I'm wondering of there is any way to make the minibike quicker off the line and better uphills and over grass. It seems like the...
  12. D

Where can I buy the previous model DB30 new?

I want to buy a DB30 for my son, but I don't like the design of the new one and it seems like everyone (Sears, Northern Tool, KMart, Amazon, etc) sells the redesigned one. I went to Pep Boys over the weekend and the display model they have at the store is the old one, but they had none left...