Search results

1. Mike T

Sears Drover project

The Drover has moved on to a new owner. This frees up a spot in the minibike build corner of my shop. I have a Heald VT-3 that is up next. Thank you all for the encouragement and advice on this first build. Mike T
  2. Mike T

New rides entry: 1970 Bird Unknown

That's a fine looking Minibike. A rider for sure. Mike T
  3. Mike T

bird duck?

Hi Skipp. Your frame is exactly like mine. The Drovers ride nice. Here is my build project if you want to check it out. https://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/projects-and-rides/112607-sears-drover-project.html Mike T
  4. Mike T

What is everybody's top speed?

Past 65 (years old) and falling off is less appealing too. :thumbsup: But that first test drive is thrilling. Mike T
  5. Mike T

What is everybody's top speed?

Sears Drover 3.5HP side Popper = Faster than I want to fall off it. Ruttman 5.0HP HS50 = Faster than I want to fall off it. Seriously, I geared them for pulling power more than top speed. I have lots of hilly grass and woods to ride so I need power. I will do the same with my Trail Bronc. Mike T
  6. Mike T

Original 1969 Sears Mini Bike

Like This: Mike T
  7. Mike T

145/70-6 Knobby tire actuall dimensions

Thanks to everyone that took time to answer. I do know how to calculate a tire's dimensions from the numbers on the sidewall and the automotive type size designation, as Charles S pointed out tells me that this tire is 13.992" tall and 5.707" wide. Chatten: So the 15x6-6 Duro Knobby is NLA? I...
  8. Mike T

145/70-6 Knobby tire actuall dimensions

I read recently in another thread that minibike tires often exceed the size written on the tire. My Trail Bronc has 15.0 x 6.0-6 tire on the front. Does this mean a 145/70-6 knobby might be as tall or taller than the 15.0 x 6.0-6 on my trail Bronc? It seems to be the closest knobby in size to...
  9. Mike T

Sears Drover project

Thanks all who have posted. I did a lot of research and looked at many vintage ads as well as got advice from multiple experienced people here and I am sure this is a Drover sold by Sears. It rides very nice and comfortable. The Tecumseh(Craftsman) runs excellent and has plenty of power and is...
  10. Mike T

Tecumseh HS40 ( A Challenge )

Wow! I like that exhaust that you bent up. Tell me, is that tubing or pipe? And what diameter? Mike T
  11. Mike T

H70 Barn find

Thanks Markus! Mike T
  12. Mike T

H70 Barn find

The serial number on this H70 is different configuration from the other Tecumseh engines that I have so I'm not sure if I am figuring the year of the engine correctly. Can someone educate me here? The numbers are on a tag riveted to the shroud. Model Number H70-130067 Serial Number 0176...
  13. Mike T

Ratty Ruttman

Great looking Ruttman. I just love the lines of those. Mike T
  14. Mike T

Ruttman Build

I paid $60.00 for it. A Craigslist ad. I might have $80.00 wrapped up in it now. Next thing I will do is take it back off the bike and clean it up and paint it. Mike T
  15. Mike T

Just found a Tote Gote 404

Great looking mini. What engine do those have on them? How does it ride. I am liking that. Mike T
  16. Mike T

Bonanza Mini Bike Frame

Building a vintage Mini Bike up from the frame is very rewarding. Not necessarily cheap though. That is a good looking frame. I especially like the wheels. If you came for advice you came to the right place. Much knowledge here. Looking forward to your build. Mike T
  17. Mike T

"Before and After" pics

I started this build an embarrassingly long time ago but it is finally just about almost finished. :rolleyes: It began as an unremembered frame in my steel pile out in back of my shop. 20 years ago my son and I built several mini bikes and rode them before selling them. This frame we acquired...
  18. September172016_003a

September172016_003a

19. Mike T

This one time, today, in the desert...

Excellent tale. The only time we lock our doors around my neighborhood is during Zucchini squash harvest time. Mike T
  20. HSSK50 engine before

HSSK50 engine before

This is the Snow King engine I bought to power one of my Mini Bikes. Need to De snowblower-ize it with more Mini Bike appropriate accessories and looks.