Sears Drover project

This Mini is just about done. I have it assembled 90%. Just waiting on Footpeg covers and some decals. I will post some pictures after the photo gallery is done being rebuilt. Can't seem to get to it to add the new pictures. Too hot and muggy here to really get excited about working on it anyway. We have a thunderstorm moving in at the moment too.

The end is in sight.

Mike T

I think this was likely a Roper and not a Drover. None of the Drovers i've ever seen had that front seat mount.....it would have been a welded "T" tube/stem.

I think this was likely a Roper and not a Drover. None of the Drovers i've ever seen had that front seat mount.....it would have been a welded "T" tube/stem.
It's a Drover , the T style was used on Bird Pintos and Ducks , The Drover ( Sears ) had 1" tube frame , the Roper is totally different !

nice build ,love the color. looks like a duck to me. 6'' wheels ,1" frame . the drovers had front spring shocks & smaller 7/8 frame I believe,also smaller 5''wheels I have 5 bird bikes. they are built well & easy to work on....I have a Golden pinto,runnabout,duck,rare tarantula,& finishing a war eagle......Mick

Thanks all who have posted. I did a lot of research and looked at many vintage ads as well as got advice from multiple experienced people here and I am sure this is a Drover sold by Sears.

It rides very nice and comfortable. The Tecumseh(Craftsman) runs excellent and has plenty of power and is loads of fun to zip down the dirt roads that are all around where I live.

My nature is to get things correct. The wheels are supposed to be 5". The rear is 5" but the front is a 6" and only temporary. Also the side popper, while a strong engine is not correct and too new for the year of the frame. Watching for a late 1960's Tecumseh H35 to replace it with. I would like to source a 5" wheel too of the original style and replace that when I find one.

Not sure what I am going to do with this mini now that it is basically done but right now I am looking forward to having it ready to ride when my grandkids visit.

Mike T

Nice work! Another great Mini saved! I agree, I think it's a Drover. I did a ton of research on my Sears Super 2 Speed and saw a bunch of the Drover pics and adds in the process.

The Drover has moved on to a new owner. This frees up a spot in the minibike build corner of my shop. I have a Heald VT-3 that is up next.

Thank you all for the encouragement and advice on this first build.

Mike T