Search results

1. M

Need some Tecumseh help on Long Island!

I took your advice and contacted Mr Keller. Intially I was impressed with his knowledge and go kart racing experience. I thought I found the right place to get my little Tecumseh engine running again. Keep in mind this engine is completely refinished externally. Literally looks like brand new. I...
  2. M

Need some Tecumseh help on Long Island!

Hello- I have a vintage, early 70s Tecumseh engine from my Go kart. The engine was sent out and restored several years ago but never fired. Fast forward to last week and I cant get it to run. Not sure whats wrong. Id like to find someone reputable on LI that might want to take a look at it and...
  3. M

My restored Tecumseh

You might be right, but I had this exact Tecumseh on my original go kart and that was the tank that was on it
  4. M

My restored Tecumseh

Here's the before pic- Here's the before pic-
  5. M

My restored Tecumseh

I found a guy in PA that does museum quality restorations. the whole engine was torn down and rebuilt soup to nuts. He said he will be supplying pictures of the entire rebuild when he ships it back to me. He has some pretty impressive machining equipment in the background. I'll send him an...
  6. M

My restored Tecumseh

Thought you guys might like to see a picture of my newly restored Tecumseh. This is the picture the gentleman who restored it sent me. Its getting shipped next week after the paint cures. Its the closest thing to a brand new, in the box engine. All machined, painted and ready to install on my...
  7. M

Need a new carb for my H35

I guess I could try using the original and redrill a hole for the little spring if the accommodation is there. I was hoping for more of a plug and play style. Tecumseh or a knock off doesn't matter. I fell into the trap- I bought a rebuild kit that cost me $20. I should of just bought a new...
  8. M

Yes, trying to make it look original. I did come up with this number- 640228. Genuine Tecumseh 640228 Carburetor | eBay Im trying to stay away from the "hokey" look. The choke lever on this one seems to me smaller and out of the way. Im hoping it doesn't interfere with the throttle rod...
  9. M

Need a new carburetor for my kart. I have a 1970 H35 Tecumseh with a Taylor spark arrestor style pipe on it and the stock air cleaner. Most of the carbs I see for sale have extra long choke levers that are in a different orientation. It seems like it would either hit the air cleaner or...
  10. M

Taylor spark arrestor muffler for a Tecumseh H35

Looking for a Taylor spark arrestor pipe and muffler for my H35. A chromed one would be nice! Thanks in advance! Jason
  11. M

Stellar Karts

12. M

Stellar Karts

A few pics I dug up from the resto. Frame was soda blasted.
  13. M

Stellar Karts

Yes, three piece, 4" wheels. The guy I bought it from put two of the original wheels and tires on his hand truck! I almost had to buy the hand truck too. I finally convinced him to swap the wheels back. all the wheel parts were bead blasted and refinished in matte aluminum. The steering wheel...
  14. M

Stellar Karts

Thanks! its 99% original down to the three piece wheels and the original date coded, heat pressed naugahyde vinyl inserts on the seat. When I got it, it still had three of the original tires on it. The hardest part was repairing the original aluminum steering wheel. I have a friend in Wisconsin...
  15. M

Stellar Karts

I restored this one a few years ago-
  16. M

Wanted- NOS Tecumseh black plastic tank

Looking for a NOS or close to NOS Tecumseh black plastic fuel tank for my mini bike. Side fill. need it to complete my resto. Let me know what you have. Cash awaits. Thank you!
  17. M

Stellar Mini bikes late 60's early 70's

Im nearing completion on a restoration of a Stellar fun kart. Im not sure of the exact year, but the seat material was dated 1967. No paint just yet, but all mocked up.
  18. M

Do you have a name or contact info for him? I have a Stellar go kart and Im looking for info on the company. TIA!
  19. M

Wanted: Vintage Tecumseh engine

Yes, its similar, but I would need the exhaust to exit next to the carb. Ive been looking on Ebay frequently. Im sure one will turn up eventually. I posted a picture of an engine I missed on Ebay
  20. M

Wanted: Vintage Tecumseh engine

Looking for a very early 70s Tecumseh for my Stellar Mfg. go kart project. 3 1/2 HP or smaller. Need one with a bolt on, carb side exhaust. Any help would be greatly appreciated. TIA!