Search results

1. Austin T

Check this out!

Is this guy anywhere on the forum? these things are crazy! YouTube - boomnu's Channel
  2. Austin T

2-Cycle clutches?

wheres a good source where i can find a clutch for a 5/8" bore shaft, that holds on with set screws, and will engage at a high enough RPM that it wont bog out on a 2-cycle engine? Specifically I would be using it on a Tecumseh powerlite snowblower engine. I tried putting a tighter spring in a...
  3. Austin T

What does everyone do with their 2.8's?

i dont have a DB myself.. but i see a LOT of conversions to clone motors...so what do you guys do with your little 2.8s you take off of the Db30s? their perfectly good engines, just underpowered... they have to be good for something
  4. Austin T

5 HP Flatty briggs probs

well i picked up a nice 70's 5HP briggs flattie at an auction last week and i'm planning on putting it on my go-kart, but of course i have to get it to run first, and this is probibly the most difficult time trying to start something i've had yet...i had to replace the fuel pump diaphram (the...
  5. Austin T

18 years ago today...

I was born! :D yup..i'm FINALLY 18.... i dont know what i'm going to do now that i can do soo much legally....
  6. Austin T

A $20 What is it

I picked this up for $20 at a nearby annual consignment auction. What is it? i couldn't find any sign of a nameplate or sticker on it. parts of it makes it look homemade, but most of it looks manufactured (NOTE: thumbnails are clickable to enlarge) Main view Rear view. Note the strange...
  7. Austin T

Find me a cheap clutch please!

i have looked almost everywhere i could think of for a clutch for my new go-kart but i cant seem to find one for under $100 so i have a challenge: Find me a 1" shaft, #35 chain, outboard clutch for a reasonable price :D because i REALLY need one and i don't have the money to pay over $100 for...
  8. Austin T

NEED Tecumseh H70 Carb

I NEED a Tecumseh H70 Carb or equalivalent, because i scored a PERFECT freshly rebuilt H70 (never ran since rebuild) for $10 but its missing a carb.
  9. Austin T

To all you SFVISBF peeps..

I've been watching that new Discovery Channel show "Wreckreation Nation" and it says next week Dave Mordal is going to join an "outlaw group of extreme soap box racers", and by the looks of it it looks like you guys! is it? or is it another federation? Heres a link to the listing...
  10. Austin T

You might be a Minibike Addict if?

lets start a "you might be a minibike addict if" thread! I'll start off with: "you might be a minibike addict if you get mad at everyone that calls a Pocket bike a minibike" or even "...if your lawnmowers sit outside so you have more room in the shed for your minis"
  11. Austin T

best use for these carbs?

i went up to my friend's grandma's house because he said he had a couple of carbs i might want on an old snowmobile, so i went up there and came back with these, they are mikuni 28mm (i'm pretty sure) and the only numbers they have on them are: P 7 8 3 What should i...
  12. Austin T

Flexo Scrambler worth it?

I went up to my friend's grandma's house today to get some carbs (see E&M thread) and he said he had an old mini frame that i could have. it was sitting in the weeds so it was pretty rusty, but i looked at it and it has (just guessing) 20 inch wheels and rear suspention and a built in jackshaft...
  13. Austin T

Fox sprite sprocket?

Where can i get a sprocket for my Fox Sprite? the one i have on it now is so wore down that the chain can't even stay on it. i took apart my rear rim and noticed that the sprocket is actually one half of the split rim. its a 60 tooth.
  14. Austin T

Benefits of running a 2-cycle carb?

i see a lot of racing engines using carberators off of 2-cycle dirt bike or ATV engines, and some off of even chainsaw engines. is there a certain benefit to running a 2-cycle carb on a 4-cycle engine? and what do they have that is better for performance?
  15. Austin T

Need help again

again its that 4HP briggs.. well it starts and runs, but whenever i give it more then half throttle under load, it stalls, but sometimes if i SLOWLY bring the throttle up under load it dosen't stall, but after you let go of the throttle it won't rev up again. i have had the mixture screw in...
  16. Austin T

Some Advise (4 HP briggs)

i just picked up a free 4 Hp flathead briggs from my neighbor who was going to throw it out because he took one look at the little bit of corrosion on it and said its junk. it came off of an old 1-wheel drive Manco go-kart, and it still has the original Max Torque clutch on it. the only problem...
  17. Austin T

a few pics of my minis

well, this weekend i finally dragged all 3 of my minis out of the shop for a photo shoot, and here they are:
  18. Austin T

video of a run on my Fox

here's a vid from about 2 weeks ago when i was riding up and down the dead end road behind my house: (sorry for it being so dark, but it was getting dark outside) also can anyone take a guess at how many RPMs i was turning on that run? (yes its ungoverned) Also, in case you don't know, the...
  19. Austin T

I just HAVE to get me one of these!!!!!!

YouTube - DPX Systems cordless drill powered mini bike i looked on their site and they cost around $795
  20. Austin T

Check out my modified Fox!

well, finally i got my pics and videos of my minibike uploaded to photobucket, so here is a pic and vid of my Fox Sprite. (sorry i don't have a vid of me riding it, but i will get a vid tomorrow) the engine is a B&S 2.5HP flathead that i ported and polished the intake, drilled the main jet...