Check out my modified Fox!

well, finally i got my pics and videos of my minibike uploaded to photobucket, so here is a pic and vid of my Fox Sprite. (sorry i don't have a vid of me riding it, but i will get a vid tomorrow)

the engine is a B&S 2.5HP flathead that i ported and polished the intake, drilled the main jet, very slightly shaved the head, stiffend the valve springs, and bypassed the governor.

Last edited:
a few more things to add, that exhaust header i welded up myself, i also fabbed up the rear fender out of stainless myself, the air filter tube is a tube off of an old 1960's Tecumseh push mower engine, the filter and casing itself is a HEPA filter that was made for oxygen machines like hospitals use (i get them free from my grandma), the clutch is an "extreme duty" Hillard 13 tooth clutch, and the rear sprocket is the original 60-tooth sprocket that needs replacing because there's BARELY anything left of the teeth. Also, the clutch cover is actually one my grandfather made for my dad out of a gas tank back in the 70's when the minibike was my dad's, and the license plate (just decorational) is one i found laying by the side of the road years ago.

So that was your dads mini? Cool! :thumbsup:

A hepa filter filters 99.97% out of the air so you might have to change it often. :doah:

yup, i went through a good 6 inches once, and it kept on pushing, the clutch slipped a little bit, but i got out of the puddle safely. when it rains around here, it absoutely POURS so there's puddles all over my trails most of the time. you can't really see it but i also ran a tube from the breather to the top of the engine so i don't have problems there. the way the filter is hooked to that tube also brings the filter far away from the heat of the engine so i have a sort of a cold-air intake.