Search results

1. charliechaindrve

Rupp Frame

To me it definitely is looking like a Continental, shame the turbine wheels are missing. Those bring some good coin when they pop up for sale
  2. charliechaindrve

highschool desighn and set up stupidity.

My highschool experience was pretty unimpressive. Didn't get to do anything fun, but my technologic ineptitude did have me upload all the Metallica black album and several Pantera songs into the staff files section on the server, somehow in the process of just trying to play CDs on the computer...
  3. charliechaindrve

snow minibike

how do you think it would perform with a regular centrifugal clutch on the motor instead of a TAV unit?
  4. charliechaindrve

Straightening Forks

you can also use 2x4's and your pickup if you're careful :shrug: I've straitened bicycle forks with my truck before.
  5. charliechaindrve

taco 22

mini bikes are really coming back into the public again, the new tacos are very important to that. I know my friends have bought themselves bikes now that they've rode my trail horse. one has an azuza kit with 5" wheels, and another is looking into the new taco, and the others have unknown ones...
  6. charliechaindrve

1967 campus redo

good work on the battery tray, hammers make everything easier :hammer:
  7. charliechaindrve

The Little Bird Wren

Cool little bike, should be a fun bike with the jackshaft. Would've been crazy with the TAV
  8. charliechaindrve

Just another Doodlebug

Predator doodlebug swaps are always fun. That'll look great yellow and black! :thumbsup:
  9. charliechaindrve

HS40 might become gunshot victim

I'm having the exact same problem, with the exact same model of engine. What is the tecumseh torque spec? I'm really at my wits end as well. I got the darn thing to run one time, but it ran like crap. Idled way high (I know, that's the idle screw in the carb) and it just didn't sound quite right...
  10. charliechaindrve

Rupp continental quick build

Thanks Rocco! I do have a lighting coil I could put on this engine, but I'm not sure what's wrong with it. I replaced the points but it still has weak spark..:shrug: I hope it isn't junk.
  11. charliechaindrve

Scored some possible new wheels for the conti project, they're off of a Gemini SST I think I hope that they'll fit in the swing arm, cause if they do I'll think about investing in a pair of these tires 3.50x8s, so they'd fit the Gemini rims. The street tread might not do good on the trails, but...
  12. charliechaindrve

Bonanza Rat

Looks good so far Randy! :thumbsup:
  13. charliechaindrve

chaparrel?

I think it's a really sweet bike, but all the frame damage and the trashed fork scares me. I'm assuming that it was torque converter drive? I didn't get to check the inside of the tank out for rust, but I'm hoping it'll be okay in there. An electric start hs 50 would be seriously awesome in it!
  14. charliechaindrve

rupp bandit?

Thanks guys! The bandits look good with the Honda type engines.
  15. charliechaindrve

chaparrel?

Found this along with the rupp bandit, and if you guys could help me find out more information about it. It's tough, cracked frame and ruined forks. But it's still cool Next payday I'll hopefully have this thing for 50$
  16. charliechaindrve

rupp bandit?

I scored this today for 50$ :thumbsup: and I know it's a rupp bandit, but I'm just curious about all the rest of the basic info. I only have one decent picture tonight, but tomorrow I'll go out and take decent photos to put in. The guy I bought it from had a new set of tank decals for this...
  17. charliechaindrve

I suppose that would be an option, but I'd rather keep that cam intact just cause it might be considered a blower drive unit :thumbsup: I'll definitely check more trunks haha.
  18. charliechaindrve

Didn't even notice that, I could get them for you next time Igo if you want. There's a like-new 3hp briggs still in the yard there I want to get.
  19. charliechaindrve

Rupp Continental Questions....

Sweet, thanks for the idea with the steel pins. When I get the fork back from sandblasting I'll try to drive the slug out.